Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 1:58:12 PM EDT
me and my bud are getting ready for the storm, walmart on spencer locked up all the guns and ammo, and the guy behind the counter said they did that, and won't sell any because they dont want to help the people who stay behind to shoot looters!!! I'm like WTF !!!  we sent for the mgr and blew a fuse. His wife works at that place and when they found out they sold it to him and thats the only reason, those mother fuckers
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they ARE a private business, and as such, have every right to do so.

To avoid this problem in the future, I suggest keeping a box or two (*cough*) on hand at all times.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

To avoid this problem in the future, I suggest keeping a box case or two (*cough*) on hand at all times.

Surely this is what you meant.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#3]
guys

I got a fevah and the only cure is more cowbell ammo
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

To avoid this problem in the future, I suggest keeping a box or two (*cough*) on hand at all times.

you have a cold?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
MuRDoC You are stuck on stupid!  You should always have at least 1-500 rounds for every weapon you have. Hell, you are a Team Member, you can have your membership revoked for admitting that not only did you not lend your friend 500 rounds (that you should have had extra) but you didn't even have enough for YOU!  FOR SHAME!!  Don't be stuck on stupid, look to the future.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The last time I went to Walmart I asked the guy the price of the WWB 9mm 100rd boxes. They were $11. I was feeling cheap that day so I told him I'd only take 8 boxes. You should have seen the look on his face.

I almost thought he wasn't going to let me buy the stuff. Then when I paid in cash (all $20's) he used the little counterfit pen thing on all the bills.

Be careful out there. Don't want to scare the sheeple!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

dude #1 he's not a arfcomer, and the ammo I horded is enough for me, (and a small 3rd world nation). But as it turns out he doesnt have an AR that's completed yet, he has an AK and I gave him all the 7.62x39 that I had plus I gave him all the ak mags I owned. I went for toilet paper and raw hides for my lab I've been ready for this since Allison.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MuRDoC You are stuck on stupid!  You should always have at least 1-500 rounds for every weapon you have. Hell, you are a Team Member, you can have your membership revoked for admitting that not only did you not lend your friend 500 rounds (that you should have had extra) but you didn't even have enough for YOU!  FOR SHAME!!  Don't be stuck on stupid, look to the future.

see above, and I gave him a couple of hundred rounds of cor-bon 7.62x39, I don't even own an AK
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#10]
What brand of 7.62x39 does your Walmart usually stock and what is the price ? I'm just curious, the UPS man usually brings me mine so I have never even looked for it at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dude #1 he's not a arfcomer, and the ammo I horded is enough for me, (and a small 3rd world nation). But as it turns out he doesnt have an AR that's completed yet, he has an AK and I gave him all the 7.62x39 that I had plus I gave him all the ak mags I owned. I went for toilet paper and raw hides for my lab I've been ready for this since Allison.

MuRDoC,

You did alright, You did nothing wrong. You had a judgement call and you did what you felt was right.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
You have to destroy the heart, its in the electronics section behind a little door.  Just smash the mirror.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Get your valuables away from the windows and put the heavy furniture against the windows. It will protect the interior from debris in case they break the glass, and you can use the furniture to steady your aim. Happy hunting and get your buddy to register here!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#14]
They lock it up here when we go into a State of Emergency. I dont know if it is a nation, state or store policy.

I posted on it last year. I was in for something and when walking by, noticed it was all gone. The guy was there and that was the answer if he gave me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]
yep

try mail order

got another 1000rnds of 7.62x39s coming in from SPG--cheaper than wally world too

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Or maybe try going to a gun shop. Support those who support our sport.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Man,  I panic if I get as low as 3000 rounds for any caliber I have (5.56, 9mm).

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

everything is closed, all the wal marts closed at 1800 hours, about 20 min ago
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Get your valuables away from the windows and put the heavy furniture against the windows. It will protect the interior from debris in case they break the glass, and you can use the furniture to steady your aim. Happy hunting and get your buddy to register here!

well I changed my bedroom windows out to lexan, and I have a plan thatt included what you suggested; thank you for your tips and your concern.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
well I changed my bedroom windows out to lexan, and I have a plan thatt included what you suggested; thank you for your tips and your concern.

Sweet! The after-Allison looting must've been pretty bad in your area based on your preparedness.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I live across the street from ratty apts
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:03:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I live across the street from ratty apts

High-density housing tends to have high crime rates.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Welcome to crisis environmet.  I knwo when I'm going home, I'm stocking up on Gas, food and, ammo.  Not to mention water.  I don't leave where I live, and never intend to.    Disaster relief is a big eye opener.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1,000,000,000,000,000

You all know what I think of Wally

Travis
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To avoid this problem in the future, I suggest keeping a box case PALLET or two (*cough*) on hand at all times.

Surely this is what you meant.  

Certainly you were mistaken*

And don't call me Shirley!

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
WTF do you expect?  

Walmart has ALWAYS pulled this kind of crap.

Didn't you see when they cut off sales in area surrounding NOLA after Katrina?

This was PREDICTABLE behavior by Walmart.

If you don't like it, don't shop there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Line up a lynch mob with torches and whatnot.  Smoke em out da house!

FYI:  That should be your first stop when you people start looting down there.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#28]
And this is why I am working to have 500 rounds in magazines for every SHTF gun I have. I need about 30 more G21 mags, 13 more AR mags, 13 more 30 rd mags for my PC9, and now I went and bought an XD9SC that I gotta get some mags for...

That way I can grab a mag bag or two, my wife grabs her pistol and carbine and I grab mine, and we are ready to git...

Ya know, just in case there is a sudden drought here in AZ that we have to run from....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The last time I went to Walmart I asked the guy the price of the WWB 9mm 100rd boxes. They were $11. I was feeling cheap that day so I told him I'd only take 8 boxes. You should have seen the look on his face.

I almost thought he wasn't going to let me buy the stuff. Then when I paid in cash (all $20's) he used the little counterfit pen thing on all the bills.

Be careful out there. Don't want to scare the sheeple!  

I'm thinking of going to wally world and buying a dozen or more bricks of .22 ammo just to see what kind of reaction I get from the dude behind the counter!

GR
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#30]
dude, go to Academy.

They have 7.62x39 Barnaul (some of the best made) for 2.99 a box of 20!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top