Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:39:45 AM EDT
(primarily asked of non-texans)

I was just watching the news - oil prices are, naturally, going up, as that is what oi prices do - they go up.

Who is going to be buying a few extra gallons of gas to prepare for the potential supply glitches that Rita could create?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I filled up yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
i know down here in the potential path of this cunt i have filled a BUNCH of damned propane bottles today.................
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm filling up on my way home from work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Full tanks in our vehicles + five-5 gallon tanks for the genset and two 1 gallon cans for the lawnmower and snowblower.

SOP, really.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm always "stocked up"
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:55:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Done--yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i know down here in the potential path of this cunt i have filled a BUNCH of damned propane bottles today.................

That would be a hell of a sound bite for a Weather Channel "you are there" on-scene interview... I can almost see Jeanetta Jones' jaw hitting the ground...

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]
No.

"Stocking up" (aka hoarding) is what caused much of the problems during Katrina. People started panicking and buying up all the fuel. Thus, the shortage was as much self induced as Katrina induced.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No.

"Stocking up" (aka hoarding) is what caused much of the problems during Katrina. People started panicking and buying up all the fuel. Thus, the shortage was as much self induced as Katrina induced.

So are you volunteering to run YOUR gas tanks dry?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Filled up both Jeeps last night...very crowded gas station.

HH
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Even 10 days past Hurricane Katrina, in Mobile, I sat in line for 3 hours (I ain't kidding either!) to get 60 dollars worth of gas.  That's all they let you get.  It was hot, people were very testy and I won't do that again.  I ordered an adapter kit for my Honda generator so that it can run on gasoline, natural gas and propane.  Wish I did it a long time ago... but hey... better late than never.

Good luck and stay well.

lawdog
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#12]
The panicking (and the resultant shortages) was caused by people not having even minimal basic supplies on hand, such as gasoline.

It was only a few days ago that anyone in my family needed to fill up with gas since before Katrina.  None of us were clogging up the streets by waiting in line for gas during the shortage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:19:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I am not stocking up, but always have the tanks at least 1/2 full plus I rotate 20 gallons in cans.  Enough to GTFO if necessary.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Nope. When I dip below a half tank, I will add to it just like always.I might even do a fill-up the next time I pass the station.  I'm just not going to rush out and top my tank off as well as fill every 5 gallon container and 55 gallon drum I can get my hands on like many did during the Katrina panick.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No.

Nope. When I dip below a half tank, I will add to it just like always.I might even do a fill-up the next time I pass the station.  I'm just not going to rush out and top my tank off as well as fill every 5 gallon container and 55 gallon drum I can get my hands on like many did during the Katrina panick.

I'm not really worried about running out of gas - worst case, I take a few days off of work due to lack of fuel availability.

I can live with that.

'bugged in' suits me pretty well.

But I *would* like to avoid paying that extra $1 or so per gallon for my daily fill-up.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#16]
In my mind, the price/gallon is defintiely going to jump up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be a hell of a sound bite for a Weather Channel "you are there" on-scene interview... I can almost see Jeanetta Jones' jaw hitting the ground...

MMMMM Jeanetta Jones!!! MRS Jones! MRS Jones! MRS Jones! We got a thing....going on!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I think I am just going to start paying for gas with bullets.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I always keep my tank full
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Full tanks for all the vehicles and we will use them up one at a time until gasoline distribution gets back to normal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I normally have about 6 cans of gas in the garage. I didn't get around to filling all of the empty ones before Katrina because I was rushing to get off to Alabama; I wont be forgetting to top off before THIS storm hits.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top