Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 8:24:11 AM EDT
I'm curious about how you guys gauge your risk of being a casualty in a terrorist attack.  How likely is it in your opinion that you personally will be attacked by a terrorist?  Poll coming.  ETA:  If you're serving overseas in the military, please note that in your post.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It is extremely unlikely that I, personally, will be attacked. I'm more likely to be hit by a car.

I could be indirectly affected by a terrorist attack, however.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
this of course depends on geographical location. I doubt people in the midwest are that scared, but people in NYC, LA and some of the other bigger cities I'm sure are a little more scared

Me for one um.....maybe 5-25%, I am in a military city.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm North of Dearborn but still prolly rate pretty low.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#4]
For a direct attack? (suicide bomber/hijacker/etc.) pretty low

For an indirect attack? (bio, food or water supplies, economic fallout from an attack elsewhere) even money
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For a direct attack? (suicide bomber/hijacker/etc.) pretty low

For an indirect attack? (bio, food or water supplies, economic fallout from an attack elsewhere) even money

Direct victim of violence.  You are attacked.  If a bio attack infects you that qualifies, none of the other items on your list count.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
This year, or in my lifetime?

In the near future, next to zero.  However, I think incedents of terrorism will rise over the next 20 years with type of small bombings that happen in Europe.  In the long term, I might be affected by a bio attack or other form of indirect attack.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally… very slight chance.

Nationally… a virtually certainty… that makes it personal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
1% chance. NO public transportation and no malls/ theaters.
I will die a stress/ anger related death before an AQ moment will get me
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Higher then most.....if an attack were to occur on the water - I'm supposed to stop it.  Needless to say - my job is very boring.........boring is GOOD in some jobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top