Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:52:55 AM EDT
Actually he says they are stuck on stupid.

Stuck on stupid

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:57:15 AM EDT
[#1]
No sound on this PC.  What was the question?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The media kept trying to compare Rita with Katrina and asking the same question over and over...Honore tells them not to get stuck on stupid, then he says you are stuck on stupid. I wish the President would talk to them like this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The media kept trying to compare Rita with Katrina and asking the same question over and over...Honore tells them not to get stuck on stupid, then he says you are stuck on stupid. I wish the President would talk to them like this.

Cool.

They need a reality check.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#4]
LMAO! Honore rocks!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
OUTSTANDING!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
LMAO! Honore rocks!  

+1  That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Followed by a kick in the nutz, and then we'll re-evaluate the medias relative intelligence.

Bush             media

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
That's it, he will get negative coverage from now on. They will find a way to report that he has a mole on his butt and didn't pay a parking ticket 20 years ago.

But Kudos to the Gen for calling it like it is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:33:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The good general is not a fan of the media.  I've seen other sound bites where his dislike of them shows very clearly.

You can't see it very good but Adm. Allen (now in charge of the FEMA recovery effort) is laughing his ass off behind Gen. Honore.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I strongly disagree with the good general's language.

"Stuck on stupid" assumes...

(1) They were previously off stupid, and are now stuck there

(2) Its possible for them to get un-stuck on stupid.

Neither of these are true.

The general should be given a pay raise for his false assumptions (but having the stones to say what needed to be said)

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Good for him.  About time someone said it...  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Honore 2008 woo hoo not only does he know how to handle liberals, he also knows the militarys place as far as constitutional issues.

Didnt he politely tell them to go pound sand when they asked him to have the troops confiscate guns and evict people?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#14]
*grins*

d00p
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't he the same one who when constantly assaulted by media questions about the "slowness" of aide insisted that as soon as one of the reporters could do a better job that he would step down and let them have it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
They are lucky he doesn't refer to them as "Media dicks." (Unless he already did)

Now, who here has had personal contact with him?

Raises hand.

He was Vanguard Brigade Commander in the 24th ID at Fort Stewart, Georgia.  This was before the 24th was reflagged the 3rd ID in 1995
My Civil Affairs Battalion use to support the 24th ID.  My CA team supported the 1st (Vanguard) Brigade in the last BCTP exercise prior to the reflagging.

Lt. General  Honore was outspoken then as he is now.

It is a good thing when he does not refer to you or your unit as "dicks."

He also made sure that the brigade forward (TOC & S2/S3) had Cajun style for the hot As.

They don't call him the Ragin' Cajun for nothing.

Bilster
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:44:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Reminds me of a flight of fancy I had a while back when I imagined what R. Lee Ermey would sound like if he was the Bush press secretary:

The main topic of discussion is the Marine in Iraq who shot the Iraq insurgent to death. We pick up as the reporter asks about how this potential war crime will affect our image in the world:

Ermey: "What kind of a pansy-assed question is that?"

Reporter: "Well, I think...."

Ermey: "THINK, nancy boy? Get this through that septic tank on top of your shoulders moron, I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME??? That Marine shot an ENEMY COMBATANT SH*THEAD, SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND DEAL WITH IT BEFORE I MAKE YOU MY OWN PERSONAL PIN CUSHION! Next question. You in the blue suit."

Reporter 2: "Don't you think that the world's opinion of our operations is important?"

Ermey: "Oh sure! You don't know the times I have cried myself to sleep worrying about what some g*ddamned French pansy thinks! Oh, the days I have had to weep because some sh*t eating terrorist f*cker might be mad at us because we went into whatever godforsaken hole in the sh*t that he lives in and killed him. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DUMBASS QUESTION IS THAT, YOU PETER PUFFING JACKASS?? WE ARE THE MOTHER F*CKING USA, AND WHEN YOU ATTACK US WE ARE GOING TO COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BLOW YOUR STINKING CAMEL-LICKING CARCASS INTO PIECES SO SMALL WE WILL BE ABLE TO BURY YOUR SORRY ASS IN A THIMBLE! I know what you are thinking. You are probably afraid, thinking that I have such an extreme attitude and that I need to be more sensitive to other people's feelings. well, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING, YOU POLE SMOKING PANSY! I DON'T GIVE TWO SH*TS WHAT YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE THINKS! THIS IS A DAMNED WAR, AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THAT YOU SHOULD GO HOME AND SUCK ON MAMMA'S TIT. DO YOU HEAR ME YOU RUNT?? NOW GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I GO CRAZY AND BEAT THE LIVING SH*T OUT OF YOU! Next question, you with the ugly-assed tie. Look at that thing. It's hideous."

Reporter 3: "Aren't you going against the freedom of the press by..."

Ermey: "FREEDOM?? WHAT IN BLUE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FREEDOM? I HAVE SWEATED MY ASS OFF IN JUNGLES, BEING SHOT AT FOR THIS NATION. WHAT IN THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE, YOU LITTLE SH*T SUCKING WEASEL? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PUT YOUR ASS ON THE LINE FOR ANYTHING? AND YET YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED TEMERITY TO SHOW UP HERE AND MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK THE ACTIONS OF A MARINE WHO WAS DEFENDING HIMSELF AND HIS UNIT FROM ATTACK BY SOME MURDEROUS AL-QUEDA SYMPATHIZER!!! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I AM CONCERNED ABOUT NUMBNUTS? I AM CONCERNED ABOUT A BUNCH OF GRABASSTIC, DISORGANIZED MORONS WITH CAMERAS AND MICROPHONES DOING THEIR BEST TO PORTRAY OUR BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN AS WAR CRIMINALS! I AM CONCERNED ABOUT CHICKEN SH*T PANSIES THAT WANT US TO NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS AND THEN WHINE ABOUT THEIR PISS ANT "FREEDOMS!"

Reporter 3: "I..."

Ermey: "Did you have a big bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning numbnuts? I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD OUT OF THAT COMMIE CRYHOLE IN THAT SH*TPILE YOU CALL A HEAD! AND THAT GOES TRIPLE FOR THE REST OF YOU PANSY-ASSED MORONS! NOW GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY PRESS ROOM BEFORE I SHOVE MY BOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON MY SHOELACES."
-----

Incidentally, the little skit was so popular that it got circulated and even made it on to snopes.com.

Yeah baby!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They are lucky he doesn't refer to them as "Media dicks." (Unless he already did)

Raises hand.

He was Vanguard Brigade Commander in the 24th ID at Fort Stewart, Georgia.  This was before the 24th was reflagged the 3rd ID in 1995
My Civil Affairs Battalion use to support the 24th ID.  My CA team supported the 1st (Vanguard) Brigade in the last BCTP exercise prior to the reflagging.

He also made sure that the brigade forward (TOC & S2/S3) had Cajun style for the hot As.

Bilster

I love Un-PC Generals.  

I would be willing to bet they don't ask that question again..............bawahahahahahahaha !
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#21]
LMMFAO @ Honore & Ermey.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Honore Has to be a Good General to serve under
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Just curious, but is Honore black (even in part)?

If not, then what is he?

If so, add him to my list of blacks to REALLY admire!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

If not, then what is he?

White, Cajun. Sorry.

Lieutenant General Russel L. Honore

General Honore is a native of Lakeland, Louisiana. He was commissioned a Second Lieutenant of Infantry and awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Vocational Agriculture upon graduation from Southern University and A&M College in 1971. He holds a Master of Arts in Human Resources from Troy State University as well as an Honorary Doctorate in Public Administration from Southern University and A&M College.

General Honore has served in a variety of command and staff positions. His overseas assignments include tours in Korea and Germany. He served as Commanding General, 2nd Infantry Division in Korea; Vice Director for Operations, J-3, The Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.; Deputy Commanding General and Assistant Commandant, United States Army Infantry Center and School, Fort Benning, Georgia; and Assistant Division Commander, Maneuver/Support, 1st Calvary Division, Fort Hood, Texas. Most recently, General Honore served as Commander, Standing Joint Force Headquarters – Homeland Security, U.S. Northern Command.

General Honore’s awards and decorations include the Defense Distinguished Service Medal, the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit with four Oak Leaf Clusters, the Bronze Star Medal, the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, and the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Heard it on Rush today, very good.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

White, Cajun. Sorry.

Damn! He must pack one hell of a suntan, then!

Thanks for the clarification, though. Hadn't seen the service-record pic. Either way, it's irrelevant. He wears the uniform of my country; that's the only color that matters to me!

I truly do love that guy!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

White, Cajun. Sorry.

Damn! He must pack one hell of a suntan, then!

Thanks for the clarification, though. Hadn't seen the service-record pic. Either way, it's irrelevant. He wears the uniform of my country; that's the only color that matters to me!

I truly do love that guy!

I've noticed a few references in the blogosphere to him being possibly black.

I scratched my head a bit, but now realize that nobody has seen him with his beret off.  He has long, straight hair - what's left of it.  That's always the tell-tale sign separating a dark skinned "white" guy (in this case, a creole with Native blood also) from a light skinned "black" guy (often lighter than the "white" guy).

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Raises hand.

Bilster

I served on his Division staff in Korea, than later as a maintenance officer and Company Commander under him.  I have many stories, but I will not tell them in this medium.  

I will never forget though - you better have Chili Mac available on table VIII days!  That, and his "You call that Gumbo? That aint Gumbo" reply to the CG's mess's best effort to appease his taste buds.

"Dick" was a term I came to know an love.  By that stage in his career, he had invented (no doubt after some pusilanimous soldier complained to EO or something) the idea that it stood for "Dedicated Infantry Combat Killer."

As you can see from my post in this other thread - www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=386966 - I had little doubt in his effectiveness.  His reputation definitely preceded him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Gen. Honore is a black Creole. Check his bio and education. He is an outstanding officer and a great technical mind. Foremost, though, he is an exemplary American! Give 'em hell, Soldier!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

If not, then what is he?

I am darker than him. Not that I care what he is, all I know is he is AWESOME.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Gen. Honore is a black Creole. Check his bio and education. He is an outstanding officer and a great technical mind. Foremost, though, he is an exemplary American! Give 'em hell, Soldier!

Going to an HBC does not necessarily make one "Black."  Heck, I've known many blue eyed blondes who are graduates of HBCs.  As I understand it, he has a little bit of everything in his family history, though.  From a purely phenotypical standpoint, though, he's just not what most folks in the US would call, "black."  

Of course, the way race politics work in the US, what do I know.  For all I know, maybe that's what he considers himslef, when he has to pick one option to fill in on the forms.  This kind of reminds me of the "racial draft" skit from "Chappelle's Show."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top