Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 2:22:19 AM EDT
Just curious if any of the night owls take a rifle to work on a regular basis?   I work inside right now but a few yards outside the door in secure parking sits a 20" slickside in the trunk of the car.   Of course the trunk release is locked inside so only the remote or the key opens it.  

Any of you take a rifle with you on most or all trips away from home?  

Honestly I've got a rifle of some sort about 80% of the time and a .45 M1911 about 98% of the time.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I would like to bring my rifle to work with me, but they frown on bringing firearms on base.

The up-side is they occasionally issue me one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would like to bring my rifle to work with me, but they frown on bringing firearms on base.

Ahh the good ol days of getting to shoot on somebody else's dime
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Every single night I work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ahh but do you bring your own or is it already waiting for ya?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh but do you bring your own or is it already waiting for ya?

I bring my own (their shotgun's in the car, though).

Our Chief lets us qualify with our personally owned AR variants with no additional limitations other than: It must be equipped with iron sights and sling. Any optics can be used.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh the good ol days of getting to shoot on somebody else's dime

Ah, that whopping 58 rounds a year on someone eles dime, with someone in a  tower screaming at you to get your rounds down range and get of their line. Yeah, real condusive to training and improving ones shooting skills, ya know?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I used to shoot em up by the thousands.   Ahh the joy of the M60, wish I could have one now.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I always keep my varmint rig close buy at work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Makes no sense.  They don't want you to have guns, so they let you make you borrow one of theirs?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont tote my rifle around . . . Ive had to many "interesting" run in with the local police -

So now i carry a night stick under my seat and a big mag light . . . im going to carry a handgun soon enough (once i can afford one)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top