Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 8:08:43 AM EDT
at the right time?! I was in a store in Tulsa that rimes with "gongs" and was purchasing some scope rings for a FAL when the two guys came in with some ammo they had "found" on the freeway. The large cardboard box had two smaller bricks inside of it and was smashed on one corner. I saw the nice shop owner peel off 4 20 dollar bills and lay it on the counter for the guys and said it was the best he could do. They snatched it up and "thanked him?" and left. I asked the guy what they had found and he showed me a 10 round stripper clip with green tipped 223 ammo in it! A double box (1000,1200,1400??rounds). I said dang I would have given them $90. The guy just smiled and said Yeah I bet you would. [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
"On the freeway"?  As in, "fell off a truck"?  Give me a break.  Some fellow AR owner probably got robbed the night before.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds more like UPS warehouse workers supplementing their income. "Hey this one is from Ammo King......"
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have said "Hey I'll give you guys a hundred."
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I was in a pawn shop about a month ago browsing through the CD's when this guy walks in with a SAR-1.

The guys at the counter asked him how much he wanted for it. His response.."150.00". I bit my tounge hoping they'd try and jew him down, but no. They bit. I'd have easily given him $155.00 for it.

Some guys have all the luck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
"Found it on the freeway?"

I'm not calling YOU the liar, but I am calling that guy one.

Folks who lose stuff off of their car or trailer don't just leave it...  ESPECIALLY if it's ammunition.  EVEN MORESO if it's green tip.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Stupid question, but what happened to all the green tipped IMI stuff?  I used to be able to buy M855 all over the place, now I can't find it, and I'm down to 50 rounds of the stuff.

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
 I see the Israeli stuff at the gun shows all the time here in Ohio, but I'll be damned if I will pay what they want for it.

Chuck

Rogers Sports
 42 Charlotte Heights
 Williamstown, Ky.  41097
 (859)824-6465
 Mon-Fri 5PM to 9PM

He's got as much of it as you could probably want(Well hes got alot of it at any rate)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top