Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 3:18:05 PM EDT
Can you dye green mags with black dye? I know that someone was doing HK UMP clones and recoloring the gray stocks. Does it work well?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, use RIT dye and hot water, remove all the metal parts that you can, and make sure you degrese

Edit- I did my H&K SL8, a styer usr, and hundreds of lacrosse sticks this way the finish is perfect and there is no build up like with paint, I have never run into a plastic that didn't accept the dye.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the reply.........I think I am gonna try this
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Cyclone, I got your IM but it was easier for me to respond here.

When I used to dye lacrosse sticks I didn't heat the water, but when I did the sl8 and the usr I did and think it comes out better, all I do is:

- Heat the water in a huge pot to a near boil; I don't think it is a good thing to boil the water just get it good and hot,

- Make sure you have enough water to fully cover your items but leave room for displacement.

- I take a garbage pale and put a thick contractor bag in it, pour in the rit (I prefer the liquid type) then pour the water in.

- Put a stick across the top of the pail and I hang objects off the rail on wire hangers check every so often (typicaly i just let it soak for an hour and it's done) once it is he right color rinse well and wipe off. It won't bleed or wipe off!!

- If you get a purple hue just repeat, I usually double the dye to water ratio that is recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top