Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/20/2005 2:47:12 PM EDT
With all the crap that has been happening in the world (tsunami, hurricanes, earth quakes, drought, etc.) do you think the All Mighty is trying to tell us something or do you think that we are just having a long run of bad luck??  Your ideas on what is going on in nature recently is sought.

lawdog
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
God is a kid with an ant farm.

He's just shaking the hell out of that ant farm lately.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
according to ropers, yes but we all know it's Bush's fault
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
There's always lots of crap happening in the world.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
This shit runs in cycles, and as we keep spreading around the world, the natural events the world is heir to tend to adversely affect the people who unfortunately live there.

Wait until Mt. Rainier blows or the San Andreas fault lets go or the Yellowstone caldera decides to erupt again.

"Extinction events" happened long before there were bipedal hominids striding across the surface of the Earth.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
No.  God is slow to anger.  Right now He wants to forgive you, not judge you.

Tsunami's, hurricanes, earthquakes...all this stuff has been happening on and under the earth since He started the whole thing spinning.  We just have satelite dished and cell phones now.

EDIT:  Oooh.  The Yellowstone Caldera, there's one that'll make you wet your pants if you go reading about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Here's you answer
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
First thought, look at the sun if you want to know why things are so interesting lately, big sunstorms mean big radiation spikes which create big weather events when they impact our magnetic field and upper atmosphere. Worrisome thing about this is that we're supposed to be at solar minimum now...

The other reason the hurricanes are so bad is that temperature conditions are different than they have been in the past, with unfavorable conditions for storms off africa and very favorable conditions in the gulf, it's like a big storm magnet for the gulf coast. This is due to the north atlantic current having slowed and dry air off the sahara.

The gulf isn't going to be able to breathe easy for another month, it's staring down the barrel of a gun with as many as 6 bullets left in it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.roadtosurfdom.com/images/misc/god%20hates%20fags.jpg

Here's you answer

God is mad at hate-filled assholes who presume to speak on His behalf?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think he also has a chemistry set lol...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#11]
It's all in the Bible.  Matthew 24:7 is just one reference.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#12]
You have to accept the possibility that God doesn't like you--Tyler Durden
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

damn. Somebody that thinks like I do
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
First thought, look at the sun if you want to know why things are so interesting lately, big sunstorms mean big radiation spikes which create big weather events when they impact our magnetic field and upper atmosphere. Worrisome thing about this is that we're supposed to be at solar minimum now...

The other reason the hurricanes are so bad is that temperature conditions are different than they have been in the past, with unfavorable conditions for storms off africa and very favorable conditions in the gulf, it's like a big storm magnet for the gulf coast. This is due to the north atlantic current having slowed and dry air off the sahara.

The gulf isn't going to be able to breathe easy for another month, it's staring down the barrel of a gun with as many as 6 bullets left in it.

earth is gonna need a huge tinfoil hat
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#15]
No.

Unless someone can show that natural disasters are
happening at an increasing rate, I'm going to chalk
this up to recency bias.

Kinda like the "OMG child kidnapping epidemic!!11!"
crap from earlier in the year. Turns out child abductions
are at an all time low.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep, Gawd is pissed and is giving us the warning signs.  Turn to spiritual development and dispossess yourself of material goods.

You can send your ARs and full autos to me for disposal.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#17]
They way I look at it is shit happens.  We have been very lucky over the  past 20 years that there haven't been more natural disasters.  It is all part of the natural scheme of things.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Zeuss seems rather pissed lately if you ask me
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We have had a lot of haze in the atmosphere lately here in Fl. One afternoon last week I was on my way home from work right at dusk and because of the polution in the air you could look directly at the sun. There was a sun-spot so big you could see it with the naked eye. Considering the size of the sun this spot must have been huge, probably many times the size of the earth.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the hurricane season.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
refer to your bible, it's the birth of the earth's end. the begining of revelations. read it! Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#21]
i did't mean to shhot the angel!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

Tyler Durden: Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No.  God is slow to anger.  Right now He wants to forgive you, not judge you.

Tsunami's, hurricanes, earthquakes...all this stuff has been happening on and under the earth since He started the whole thing spinning.  We just have satelite dished and cell phones now.

EDIT:  Oooh.  The Yellowstone Caldera, there's one that'll make you wet your pants if you go reading about it.

I've already PROMISED myself to NEVER (again) be LESS than 1 state away from that place - preferrably TWO!

My "prediction" is it's gonna "go" in Dec 2011. I PRAY I'm wrong. (But already, "old faithful" isn't so "faithful" anymore - I think that alone is a BAD sign.

I dunno, the biible is pretty clear about the "weirdness" that will occur when we're "getting close"...

1/2 of me thinks they may well be warnings, the other 1/2 says these sorts of occurrences have been occuring for thousands of years, it's just we HEAR a LOT moere about them now with the "instant" coverage that is now possible... IOW - only God knows for certain - but won't hurt to get yourself in order, and keep your nose clean - JUST IN CASE.

Quoted:

<sarcasm> No, no, no. That would mean "global warming" is real. That can't be! </sarcasm>

(It is real, however the envoronmentalist are only 1/2 right - it IS occuring - we (humans) are only about .1% "contributing") It's a NATURAL occurance the Earth goes though every so ofen, we cannot "control" nor significantly "impact" it - in fact a volcano going off for like a day does what we've done in the last 50 years - so BOTH sides of the argument are at least 1/2 wrong.) The conservatives are wrong in saying that the earth isn't "warming" the liberals are wrong about what is causing it (yeah, we (humans) "contribute" but from what I've read, our contribution is less than one male flea on a St. Bernard.

The "behaviour" of late of the sun is a bit disconcerting... especially all the sunspots - it too has a "cycle" it just APPEARS to be "off of it is all" of couse, perhaphs this IS a "normal" cycle every 1,111 years and no one paid ENOUGH attention, (or didn't document it if they DID notice - or the documentation was destroyed, or used later to wrap fish or whatever...)

Who knows, REALLY? God. That's the only One. So I concern myself w/stuff I CAN do to positively influence stuff. The weather Iand the sun I can't DO anything about, God can, and He will, or He won't. All we can do is keep our noses clean and keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]
SwampRat said:  "One afternoon last week I was on my way home from work right at dusk and because of the polution in the air you could look directly at the sun. There was a sun-spot so big you could see it with the naked eye. Considering the size of the sun this spot must have been huge, probably many times the size of the earth."

I was going home the other day out in west Mobile (headed west naturally) and the sun was just above the tree-line.  I saw the exact same thing.  I didn't know what the hell that was.... maybe a big cloud far away that I couldn't discern.  That was one BIG sun spot !!!!

lawdog
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Must have been a So. Florida sunspot...........
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Just assuming for the moment that there is a God, and that He cares even a little bit about humans, natural disasters are not proof that He hates us or is angry with us.  Look, natural disasters are simply a product of existence...and of life.  There is a huge, THOUSANDS of miles-large storm on Jupiter that's been raging for millenia.  Is God angry with Jupiter?  There were just a bunch of violent quakes on Mars.  Did the Martians piss God off?
No, earthquakes happen due to the processes that allow our planet to have life.  Hurricanes happen due to the processes that allow our planet to have life.  They hurt us, but we wouldn't exist if they weren't possible.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't know about US, but He certainly seems to be annoyed with me this year.  So far, I've lost my job, wrecked my car, had my wife get really injured, had a family member get seriously ill, and been robbed at gunpoint.

Tyler Durden may be right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Modog, your last name isn't "Bundy" (as in "AL" Bundy) is it?  You've really had a bad run of luck.  But, good news.... things have got  to get better for ya.  

Lawdog
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#31]
If He is, will you care? Or change your behaviour?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Certainly.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certainly.  

Can you think of anything He would be mad at you for?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I take the unpopular stance that the majority of people have turned their backs on God- and while He is a forgiving, benevolent God - we (the world, the US) cannot continue our wicked ways and expect His blessings upon us as a nation.

New Orleans is in a very hurricane-prone area. But it's also Sin City Junior, a lot of wicked stuff going on there. Take that for what you will (unbelievers will say one thing, believers another).
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't have ANY proof that Katrina was a Divine act.

I do know that an increase in the  general tenor of sin in a nation usually results in GOd removing His hand of protection.

Sin has its own consequences. God doesn't have to take any special action.

THo sometimes He does.

Plan accordingly.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Certainly.  

Can you think of anything He would be mad at you for?

I doubt He would wreck my life just for giving my wiener a tug every once in a while, so no, not really.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I doubt He would wreck my life just for giving my wiener a tug every once in a while, so no, not really.

What is the standard you are using to determine God's relative level of agreement with your entire lifestyle?

GOd has more requirements than just length or frequency of masturbation. (I'm assuming you are not talking about ballpark franks)

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#38]
"God is not in the wind"
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I take the unpopular stance that the majority of people have turned their backs on God- and while He is a forgiving, benevolent God - we (the world, the US) cannot continue our wicked ways and expect His blessings upon us as a nation.

New Orleans is in a very hurricane-prone area. But it's also Sin City Junior, a lot of wicked stuff going on there. Take that for what you will (unbelievers will say one thing, believers another).

sums it up, thats exactly the way Im thinking. I just dread to see how he will correct us all
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, no...but maybe Allah is.

Hahahah.

Har.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
are at an all time low.

Correct, bad stuff has always been happening .... now we have a liberal media that has to spin eveything to sound as bad as it possible can.

The hurricane cycle is no secret, there were alot of powerful hurricanes in the 40's New Orleans flooded that year.

Who knows, the hole in the ozone may open and close on a regular cycle also.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You know what's funny?  How when we have natural disasters, some breeds of fundamentalists always insist God's angry...but it's always SOMEONE ELSE God is angry with...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know what's funny?  How when we have natural disasters, some breeds of fundamentalists always insist God's angry...but it's always SOMEONE ELSE God is angry with...

It also brings out the barely-believers who say "MY God would never have done this" or "Why have YOU forsaken ME, God?" And the non believers who laugh and scoff at the believers.

Basically, it brings out everybody.  *Shrug*
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:33:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
are at an all time low.

Correct, bad stuff has always been happening .... now we have a liberal media that has to spin eveything to sound as bad as it possible can.

The hurricane cycle is no secret, there were alot of powerful hurricanes in the 40's New Orleans flooded that year.

Who knows, the hole in the ozone may open and close on a regular cycle also.

LOL

Crichton's "State of Fear" is off the top ten charts but is as stinging as it was when it was published earlier this year.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the record, I'm not insisting God is angry.

Anymore than He is angry EVERY hurricane season.

My point was for those who think He *** MAY *** be, what changes they'd make if He were.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#46]
sunspots and god..

read the bible. the devil is in 'the bottomless pit' only a gravity well is such a thing. the sun is a burning lake of fire and a tremendous gravity well, the devil was thrown into the bottomless pit. he will be unleashed and allowed to torment the word for 1000 years at some point.

the devil as a magnetic creature that was thrown into the sun at somepoint. he will be unleashed to torment the world. the sunspots are the signs of that unleashing. the various climate and seismic events are direct effects of magnetic manipulation...

the time is near.. the signs are here..

your bugout bag, shtf place, ammo stash and 6 months of gas stored in the basement won't do you a bit of good..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Tyler Durden: Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/fight_club.jpg

Thanks for the new sigline EPOCH96
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#48]
which god?

sorry I'm pagan
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Zeuss seems rather pissed lately if you ask me

Poseiden!!!! Zeus doesn't control the storms from the sea, it's Poseiden!! You better hope that you didn't piss off either party with your little gaff...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#50]
These are esentially man made disasters. It happens when stoopid us build infrastructure and locate population centers on ocean beaches, flood plains, earthquake faults and hurricane/tornado ally etc.. Then to compound the problem we destroy all the natural protection (wetland buffer zones, rivers that build natural sediment etc.) in the area that has protected these areas for thousands of years.  

When the next good size asteroid hits the earth we won't have to worry about man made disasters though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top