Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 1:41:47 PM EDT
Anybody use this stuff for making jewelry or whatever else?

Can anybody reccomend a place to buy it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
DUDE!!!

This stuff is the bomb.

Google it (PMC silver clay) and/or go here:
silver-clay.com

It takes some work to manipulate it properly and not let it dry out while you are forming it, but it's really a cool way to get some shapes you couldn't get without a serious casting setup.

I made a neat little gecko pendant by forming it out of regular clay first, then copying it in silver clay. I took a fire brick and a propane torch and fused it per instructions (read them and follow them, or you will not be happy...).

Then I wanted to make more of them so I cast the first regular clay one in a silicone mold. The problem was getting the silver clay to go into the silicone mold, dry, and come out in one piece. It didn't work too well as I had to re-assemble it and fill up holes. (then I hauled the damn thing all the way over to my girlfriend in Germany...polished it in the Heathrow airport...only to end up breaking up with her...ughh)

Either way you can make some really cool stuff and not be limited to sheet, rod, tube, and wire forms.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I'm thinking of doing some stuff for my girlfriend for x-mas. A pendent of some sort.

I have a really bad habit of not putting enough thought into small personal things for gifts for her even though I know its the kinda things that mean the most to her. I just saw a show that they were using the stuff and I know making her something will excite her so much. And she prefers silver to gold so its a no brainer.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting...

Better be careful too many of you guys don't get the same idea, we'll drive the price of silver up and then I wont be able to afford to make anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top