Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 1:37:49 PM EDT
I buy to much damn stuff

It's my 21st B-day next month and I've been paying off all my goodies that I can't have yet

I just happened to go today a low and behold they had a practically brand new Kimber Classic Stainless in 40S&W...I mean I can't pass that up...sheez

That's #6 on the list that will be coming home on the 24th of next month. I think I made some good selections:

Steyr SPP
Colt Delta Elite Stainless
G17
Walther P1
AMT Automag 2

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I buy to much damn stuff

It's my 21st B-day next month and I've been paying off all my goodies that I can't have yet

I just happened to go today a low and behold they had a practically brand new Kimber Classic Stainless in 40S&W...I mean I can't pass that up...sheez

That's #6 on the list that will be coming home on the 24th of next month. I think I made some good selections:

Steyr SPPHard to find, and pricy
Colt Delta Elite StainlessGo with 45, 10mm and 1911 frame do not mix well
G17Always safe
Walther P1? C & R I assume
AMT Automag 2????

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What's a Steyr SPP? Never heard of that one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody had one of those for sale here in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

remtek.com/arms/steyr/spp/spp2.gif

That thing is uglier than a Hi-Point.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
What pawn shops do you go to where you find guns like that? All the pawn shops I've been to around BR carry the crap (Lorcin, Hi-point, Jennings).
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What pawn shops do you go to where you find guns like that? All the pawn shops I've been to around BR carry the crap (Lorcin, Hi-point, Jennings).

Top Dollar in Bayou Blue and I'm not sure of the name of the one i Thibodaux, I think it's Bayou Pawn

You have to go religously, like at least twice a week
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it looks evil
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think it looks evil

If you think that looks evil look at what DSA is sellingB&T MP9

I think I might need that railed top cover and brass catcher
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The Steyr SPP is evil and a good gun for what it is! I used to have one. I put it on consignment at a local gun store right around when the AWB ended.

Please take some advice. The SPP has no stock, which doesn't make it very practical.

Buy a Colt AR 9mm 6540 or maybe even one of the RRA versions that are coming out. You will enjoy it a whole lot more!

If you're buying it for the collector value, then I guess I'd say go for it. I know the AWB ending has nothing to do with the SPP's availabilty.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The Steyr SPP is evil and a good gun for what it is! I used to have one. I put it on consignment at a local gun store right around when the AWB ended.

Please take some advice. The SPP has no stock, which doesn't make it very practical.

Buy a Colt AR 9mm 6540 or maybe even one of the RRA versions that are coming out. You will enjoy it a whole lot more!

If you're buying it for the collector value, then I guess I'd say go for it. I know the AWB ending has nothing to do with the SPP's availabilty.

Scott

I already have a 9mm AR and I'm building another. I just saw it in the case and lunged like tiger....too figin cool.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it looks evil

Would that be considered an import ban item?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I have never seen a pawn shop with inventory I would consider buying.  Same with musical instruments and other items, junk.  

I go to gun shops to buy guns.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably would have steered clear of anything AMT.  The G17, Delta Elite, and Kimber were great choices.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have never seen a pawn shop with inventory I would consider buying.  Same with musical instruments and other items, junk.  

I go to gun shops to buy guns.

Drugees don't give away rare items to gun shops they go to pawn their stuff

They have an ORF 1919 but they want 2500 for on an anti aircraft tripod
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#16]
The problem with the Delta Elite, as explained to me by AJohnston,is the poor barrel fit. If the barrel was fit properly, apparently, frame damage would not occur. Some are fit right, some are not. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Un-evil version of the quite awesome Steyr TMP

Edit: I don't know why the TMP was considered so evil, simply by veritue of a much larger mag and a vert foregrip, but it was.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, that is sure wild looking!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it looks evil

I want one

but the wife would go super ape shit if I spent that kind of money on a gun
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
That is a good one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Un-evil version of the quite awesome Steyr TMP

Edit: I don't know why the TMP was considered so evil, simply by veritue of a much larger mag and a vert foregrip, but it was.

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/vanilla_gorilla911/tmp.gif

The Steyr TMP is a sub machinegun The SPP (semi auto) can use 30 round mags, but can not have a vertical grip because it would be a NFA item. Just like a HK SP89 can not have a the vertical "K" grip without paying the NFA tax.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top