Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 12:15:29 PM EDT
I got this last night, played it until 2am and went to bed cause I had to be at work at 7am. It takes about half an hour or so to actually get into the game, you must complete a MOUT training course before starting any missions in order to become accustomed with gameplay. It's a bit more complicated than most XBox games, but the training section is presented well enough that it shouldn't be too abrasive for newcomers. After a while it boils down to using your two fire teams to flank enemy positions repeatedly, but it's presented so nicely that I really don't mind playing the same scenario over and over again. There's a few humorous moments within the game and cutscenes too. Specifically the interactions between the soldiers under your command as the missions progress. There was one scene in the opening cinema that took place aboard a USAF plane that made me LMAO. It's $20 at Wal-mart and definitely worth your time IMHO if you're into stuff like SOCOM for PS2 and Rainbow Six.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]

played it, good game.  Definitely a new genra (based on real .mil training)

Only complaint - you can't jump into FPS mode.  Brothers in Arms took care of that, now if we can jsut get a modern-day shooter out of it rather than WWII (not complaining though)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Brothers in Arms is FANTASTIC.
Very realistic, if you set it on high realism.

FSW is pretty good....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Played it, thought it sucked.  While realistic in appearance and function, it requires too much button crunching and planning for you to be part of an effective fighting force.  By the time you figure out strategy, deploy your men, aim you M203 and lock on a target and prepare to pull the trigger, you are either dead or the enemy has wiped out half your squad.  

I bought it and took it back.  I was disappointed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top