Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 9:41:56 AM EDT

Hi

I felt really sad when i was reading this about how the U.S burn the food they
got from countries that want to help the victims of the Hurricane Katrina.
Is this really true?
If it is what the fuck are they doing?
From here in sweden i have followed the news about this and thought that this was a huge disaster but after i have been reading  this it sounds like its a big fucking joke.

(My deepest condoleances to the victims of this disaster and their families)

Mirror.co.uk

www.fromthewilderness.com

Magnus308
(Sweden)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe this?

http://www.postpaper.com/redtape.htm

Biggest revelation of this whole fiasco is not that .gov bungles, but how badly.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hi

I felt really sad when i was reading this about how the U.S burn the food they
got from countries that want to help the victims of the Hurricane Katrina.
Is this really true?
If it is what the fuck are they doing?
From here in sweden i have followed the news about this and thought that this was a huge disaster but after i have been reading  this it sounds like its a big fucking joke.

(My deepest condoleances to the victims of this disaster and their families)

Mirror.co.uk

www.fromthewilderness.com

Magnus308
(Sweden)

There are rules and regulations about how imported food is handled. Those regulations exist to protect Americans from bad food that can make people sick. If there is a legitimate problem with the MREs, then they ought to be burned. People aren't going to be helped by handing them contaminated food.

If, that is, there is something wrong with the MREs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#3]
More childish European BULLSHIT.

Europeans need to look deep in to their nasty black hearts… the coverage of this hurricane and it aftermath in the European press has been a damn disgrace. Just another excuse for more America hate… for every true fact in a European story you find 15 lies.

For example in this stupid fucking story:

The aid worker, who would not be named, said: "This is the most appalling act of sickening senselessness while people starve.

The worker added: "There will be a cloud of smoke above Little Rock soon - of burned food, of anger and of shame that the world's richest nation couldn't organise a p**s up in a brewery and lets Americans starve while they arrogantly observe petty regulations.

Starve… who and where… bullshit. Lies for stupid people predisposed to believe stupid lies.

BTW this is a dupe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
None of the folks I've seen were even close to starving.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
None of the folks I've seen were even close to starving.

Starving = 300lb woman who hasn't had a big mac for 3 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top