Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 8:41:44 AM EDT
Yada yada yada...the war. Waste of lives, etc etc.

Me: Lady, I walked into a 7-11 for coffee a couple of hours agoo and a dark skinned kid with a backpack walked in. Was I worried? No. If I was in the middle east somewhere, I'd have been shitting little green apples. We're at war now. Remember 9-11? We're fighting terrorists. That war is not in this country. It's in Afghanistan and Iraq where it belongs because Iraq and Afghanistan are NOT HERE.
Just so long as it's not here,I'm fine with that.

Got kids? How are you going to feel when you find your kid is laying out somewhere with his or her intestines torn out by some kind of mad bomber? TYou're going to blame government, right? You're going to blame the same government that is keeping the war away from us. Nobody in their senses wants war. Nobody. We've had this thrust on us and we have no choice.WHERE DO YOU WANT IT FOUGHT? Here or someplace else? You call it.

Her: Gee, I never thought of that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmph....they never do.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
"A lib goes slack-jawed".....

.... every time they ask their brain to do something other than keep their heart pumping or their reproductive organs going.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Those few who spent a year in Israel praise George Bush and know that we are doing the right thing.

Bingo, Ladies, we have a winner here.

Sometimes I think the public is not going to get their shit together until we start getting hit like London did, but on a frequent basis.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#6]

a lot of people scream for more gun control until they are on their way home from the bar one night and some guy stabs them in the stomach and steals their wallet.

next thing you know they are looking to buy a pistol for self defense, and lo-and-behold, the legislation they pushed for negates this possibility.

some people only learn the hard way, and usually then it's too late.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
something for the night crew
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if you want to get liberal jews pissed, just remind them that it was Nixon who saved their ass in 1973.

What happened in 1973?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if you want to get liberal jews pissed, just remind them that it was Nixon who saved their ass in 1973.

What happened in 1973?

Basically, the Arabs attacked on a Jewish high holy day(the same asshats that are proclaim all of the mosques to be the 'most' holy shit). The Syrians issued condoms to their soldiers so that they wouldn't get diseases from the 'dirty' Jewish women when they captured and raped them. The US stripped NATO of its ammo reserve(went from a 30 to a 9 day supply of tank ammo) and flew it to Israel. Stripped US forces of tanks and flew them to Israel. Massive tank battles. Sagger missiles kicking ass on M60a1s && Centurion tanks until countermeasures were developed. The USS John F. Kennedy got 'lost' and its planes were repainted with Israeli markings to fly missions against Russian pilots flying Egyptian marked Migs. The Syrians fired a FROG and hit a orphanage in Bethlehem. The Israeli Air Force struck back the next day and destroyed everything that produced 90% of Syria's GNP. Egyptians forgot to keep their soldiers hydrated and the Israelis didn't. Start of great hydration impetuous. Israeli forces stop Egyptians and force them back. Israeli brigade surrounds an Egyptian corp. Kissinger stops IDF at kilometer 100 from Cairo. IDF is 32 miles from Damascus and Syrian army has crumbled. USSR threatens to intervene and send paratroopers to stop IDF. IDF says it would whip USSR's paratrooper's ass also if they got in the way. Nixon said Nyet to USSR forces in sandbox. Unlock given to USA missile forces and timer ran down to 05 seconds to launch. Kissinger gets IDF to stop at 32 miles from Damascus. Israel has now legal claim to large quantities of land(land seized in a defensive war can be kept per the UN) that they eventually give back to Arabs in hopes of peace.

Also, regarded as the first modern war and was used as model for training at Fort Irwin which later became the NTC.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
what does Iraq have to do with 9-11?

I would say you had a semi-valid point in that many terrorists from across the mideast have gone into Iraq to stir up shit.  But saying we invaded Iraq as a part of the war on terror and 9-11 just doesn't jive.  It doesn't even match what the President said the reasons were when he issued a de facto declaration of war.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I would say you had a semi-valid point in that many terrorists from across the mideast have gone into Iraq to stir up shit.  But saying we invaded Iraq as a part of the war on terror and 9-11 just doesn't jive.  It doesn't even match what the President said the reasons were when he issued a de facto declaration of war.

sigh....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1973?

Basically, the Arabs attacked on a Jewish high holy day(the same asshats that are proclaim all of the mosques to be the 'most' holy shit). The Syrians issued condoms to their soldiers so that they wouldn't get diseases from the 'dirty' Jewish women when they captured and raped them. The US stripped NATO of its ammo reserve(went from a 30 to a 9 day supply of tank ammo) and flew it to Israel. Stripped US forces of tanks and flew them to Israel. Massive tank battles. Sagger missiles kicking ass on M60a1s && Centurion tanks until countermeasures were developed. The USS John F. Kennedy got 'lost' and its planes were repainted with Israeli markings to fly missions against Russian pilots flying Egyptian marked Migs. The Syrians fired a FROG and hit a orphanage in Bethlehem. The Israeli Air Force struck back the next day and destroyed everything that produced 90% of Syria's GNP. Egyptians forgot to keep their soldiers hydrated and the Israelis didn't. Start of great hydration impetuous. Israeli forces stop Egyptians and force them back. Israeli brigade surrounds an Egyptian corp. Kissinger stops IDF at kilometer 100 from Cairo. IDF is 32 miles from Damascus and Syrian army has crumbled. USSR threatens to intervene and send paratroopers to stop IDF. IDF says it would whip USSR's paratrooper's ass also if they got in the way. Nixon said Nyet to USSR forces in sandbox. Unlock given to USA missile forces and timer ran down to 05 seconds to launch. Kissinger gets IDF to stop at 32 miles from Damascus. Israel has now legal claim to large quantities of land(land seized in a defensive war can be kept per the UN) that they eventually give back to Arabs in hopes of peace.

Also, regarded as the first modern war and was used as model for training at Fort Irwin which later became the NTC.

wganz

This is very interesting stuff, alot of detail i've not seen. Where can I find more info on the Kennedy having it's planes reflagged?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What did the Nazis have to do with Pearl Harbor, my dear old chap?

Edited per request/suggestion of moderator.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

some folks need it explained to them again and again
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
"It doesn't even match what the President said the reasons were when he issued a de facto declaration of war."

Pay attention! Here is history lesson #2!

www.rightwingnews.com/special/xyz.php

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We've had this thrust on us and we have no choice.WHERE DO YOU WANT IT FOUGHT? Here or someplace else? You call it.

Her: Gee, I never thought of that.

Actually, the lib's here HAVE thought of that argument; they say its an old retread from Viet Nam, that we didn't wind up fighting Communists in the USA after we abandoned the war, and we wont fight Muslims here if we pull out of Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Some of these Libtards have actually forgotten who started this crap... I have actually had them tell me the reason we are being attacked is because we attacked them.  Yes, you heard that right.   They think that if we would just bring out troops home, and stop supporting Israel, the Moslems would not be mad at us anymore and be peaceful citizens of the world.

I really wish these people would have all gone to be human shields.  Some people are oxygen thieves.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did the Nazis have to do with Pearl Harbor, asshole?

Easy with whom you call an asshole, pal. Andy's a pretty good guy, with a pretty good point. I don't agree with everything he says, but have never felt compelled to jump in his shit like that.

It's just this kind of response that gives ARFCOM a bad name.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude whats with the personal attack?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude whats with the personal attack?

tinypic.com/dwe14y.jpg

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Explain what Iraq had to do with 9/11?

Agreed now that were are there the terrorist have flocked there to fight us and taken their attention off the US.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#24]
When I read the title I thought this was another Bill/Monica thread.  Carry on men.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those few who spent a year in Israel praise George Bush and know that we are doing the right thing.

Bingo, Ladies, we have a winner here.

Sometimes I think the public is not going to get their shit together until we start getting hit like London did, but on a frequent basis.

Seriously.

Uhhhh..........they will STILL say that it is all our fault, and that if we just give up the terrorism will stop
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1973?

wganz

This is very interesting stuff, alot of detail i've not seen. Where can I find more info on the Kennedy having it's planes reflagged?

+1
thats a story I gotta read!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:42:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

.... every time they ask their brain to do something other than keep their heart pumping or their reproductive organs going.

Don't forget digestion.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:13:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Explain what Iraq had to do with 9/11?

Agreed now that were are there the terrorist have flocked there to fight us and taken their attention off the US.

You answered your own question. Remember, the public reasons given by Bush are only to convince the sheep and the UN. That is exactly what we knew they would do and now we let them smash their forces against our defenses in Iraq rather than here.

It's an old tactic. Make the enemy attack you and pick em off. The attacker is always at a disadvantage.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#29]
My point to the liberal had nothing to do with the reasons we went into Iraq.

Simply that it seems that every Islamic extremist and their cousin has made a beeline to Iraq to tangle with US forces.  

TWAT is there. It's NOT here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

The Nazis declared war on US first, btw.  One of the stupidest boners (one of many) Adolph ever pulled.  FDR had a genuine concern about getting America into a war with Germany when it was the Japanese that attacked us.  The American public wasn't all that crazy about becoming involved in the European war.  Then Hitler stepped up and threw his hat in with his Nipponese buddies.  This got the public's blood up and - the rest was history.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The Nazis declared war on US first, btw.  One of the stupidest boners (one of many) Adolph ever pulled.  FDR had a genuine concern about getting America into a war with Germany when it was the Japanese that attacked us.  The American public wasn't all that crazy about becoming involved in the European war.  Then Hitler stepped up and threw his hat in with his Nipponese buddies.  This got the public's blood up and - the rest was history.

So when Iraq targeted our U.S. aircraft with surface to air missles on a daily basis, was that a sign of peace and goodwill?

When Iraq violated multiple U.N. mandates that it agreed to as conditions of their surrender after the first Gulf War, I suppose that was showing us that they were a peace- loving nation that wanted no trouble with the rest of the world?

The bottom line was we had every right in the world to go in and remove Saddam.

We also have the right to install a democratic nation in the middle east.

We also have the right to protect our citizens from terrorists by killing all that we can in Iraq.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
The USS John F. Kennedy got 'lost' and its planes were repainted with Israeli markings to fly missions against Russian pilots flying Egyptian marked Migs.

SWEET JESUS!

Are you serious?

First I've ever heard that!

The Syrians fired a FROG and hit a orphanage in Bethlehem. The Israeli Air Force struck back the next day and destroyed everything that produced 90% of Syria's GNP.

Sounds like a good strategy to me!

IDF says it would whip USSR's paratrooper's ass also if they got in the way.

Gotta love those people!

Uh....... You seem to know a lot about that little skirmish. Can you recommend a good book that tells the story?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1973?

wganz

+1
thats a story I gotta read!

My partner, Barry Robinson, was on board the USS JFK at the time and had brought back pix of the Phantoms with Israeli marking in the hanger bay. I don't have any other dox other than having seen the pix that he had.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget digestion.

img397.imageshack.us/img397/6302/moore2ev.png

I dunno. In his case, I think it just keeps stacking up in his gut.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget digestion.

img397.imageshack.us/img397/6302/moore2ev.png

I dunno. In his case, I think it just keeps stacking up in his gut.

...until he opens his mouth.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1973?

wganz

WOW!!!!  Thanks for the summary.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

...until he opens his mouth.

Precisely....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened in 1973?

wganz

WOW!!!!  Thanks for the summary.

+1
Lots of interesting stuff I've never heard before there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
When I read the title I thought this was another Bill/Monica thread.  Carry on men.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It took me a minute but then LOL !!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Actually it has a lot to do with why we went into Iraq, remember the original reasons revolved around the WMD programs. The line of thinking was that if  Iraq had them the madhatter of bagdad would use them to de stabalise the region or worse start selling the Tech to unfriendly nations, some of whom are state sponcers of terrorism. It's the same thing/fear about Irans Nuke program. That one day that technology or worse weapons would/could end up in the hands of terrorist organisations. They have the same agendas, death to America the great satan, and the same enemy, US. So in a way yes the invasion of Iraq is very much related to the GWOT. Or at least the reasons for going in in the first place were. Thats just how I see it though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually it has a lot to do with why we went into Iraq, remember the original reasons revolved around the WMD programs. The line of thinking was that if  Iraq had them the madhatter of bagdad would use them to de stabalise the region or worse start selling the Tech to unfriendly nations, some of whom are state sponcers of terrorism. It's the same thing/fear about Irans Nuke program. That one day that technology or worse weapons would/could end up in the hands of terrorist organisations. They have the same agendas, death to America the great satan, and the same enemy, US. So in a way yes the invasion of Iraq is very much related to the GWOT. Or at least the reasons for going in in the first place were. Thats just how I see it though.

Keeping wmds out of saddam's hands and 9-11 are 2 different issues.  I AGREE with you on the WoT part now.  I also agree that Saddam needed to be taken out for fear that he might either deploy such weapons or give them to terrorists to use against us.  

I'm just saying that claiming that Iraq or Hussein specifically had anything to do with 9-11 is not supported by fact at this time.  Further investigation may or may not reveal a link.  I don't know.  But it doesn't help our side to point to 9-11 as the reason we invaded Iraq.  

Oh and to the "What did the Nazis have to do with Pearl Harbor?" guy:

Nothing.  The Japanese planned and carried out the attack all by their little lonesome selves.  As has been pointed out in this thread, the Nazis then declared war on the USA first, for which we formally declared war in response.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top