Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 7:09:07 AM EDT
This is a test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been dead or rendered a vegetable at least 10 minutes ago. By this time, someone would be changing your underwear in preparation for your burial while someone else notifies your next of kin. This alert is conducted because it is beneficial to those living miles downstream who might actually have time to take action, as well as to investors who can panick at the first sign of trouble. Repeating....this is a test of the EAS system. Had this been a real emergency, chances are you would be dead and therefore would not need to heed the advice contained within. Thank you and good day.

Don'tcha just love those tests?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah it always interrupts something good but every time you here  hear it do you find yourself secretly wishing that it is not a test this time
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah it always interrupts something good but every time you here it do you find yourself secretly wishing that it is not a test this time

Yes.  You find yourself wishing it was zombies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah it always interrupts something good but every time you here it do you find yourself secretly wishing that it is not a test this time

It would be cool if they'd occasionally toss us a zombie invasion scenario....before chuckling and saying...."only kidding, maybe next time". At least that would be entertaining.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was at work yesterday talking to a visitor, and I heard this alarm that sounded like a red alert horn on the Starship Enterprise.  I reached for my radio to inform my command center that we had a alarm horn I'd never heard before and to let the supervisors know.  My visitor reached for his phone at the same time...and answered it.
I gave him a dirty look.
Damn fancy ass ringtones!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was at work yesterday talking to a visitor, and I heard this alarm that sounded like a red alert horn on the Starship Enterprise.  I reached for my radio to inform my command center that we had a alarm horn I'd never heard before and to let the supervisors know.  My visitor reached for his phone at the same time...and answered it.
I gave him a dirty look.
Damn fancy ass ringtones!

Did you call him a nerd to his face?
I used to work with a guy who's palm pilot's alert sounds were all from Star Trek. Holy crap, we made fun of that dude.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This is a test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS). Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been dead or rendered a vegetable at least 10 minutes ago. By this time, someone would be changing your underwear in preparation for your burial while someone else notifies your next of kin. This alert is conducted because it is beneficial to those living miles downstream who might actually have time to take action, as well as to investors who can panick at the first sign of trouble. Repeating....this is a test of the EAS system. Had this been a real emergency, chances are you would be dead and therefore would not need to heed the advice contained within. Thank you and good day.

Don'tcha just love those tests?

Dang, I thought this was going to be another "whore band" tattoo pictorial.   oh well , back to work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top