Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:12:09 AM EDT
I'm at my ropes end on getting my 7 and 11 daughters to eat correctly.  

Any ideas to get them to eat the things that are good for them?  (squash, zuchini, etc.)

I've said "you should be happy you have such good food to eat..............some kids around the world don't have good things to eat".  ...................then, I break out the pics of starving kids with flies on them.

Stupid idea?  Your help greatly appreciated in this matter.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
askmen.com/imagesvote/2001_apr/famous_twins/olsen_twins.jpg

Bwhwhwhwhwhwh!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Too funny!!!!!!!!!  Thanks!!

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Ick...the stories people come up with. All to get someone to post pictures of their twisted fetish.

roy d....if you got anorexic pics on your hard drive.....seek help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up on the book.  I'll go check it out.

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to Google pictures section and search for "famine".
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#7]
wait till they start bleeding then they will go ape shit over chocholate and get fat assess

granted I'm not a 7 yaer old girl but I would never even look at Zucini or squash till a few years ago when I started eating Japanese food. Habatichi really makes anything taste good and keeps you from thinking about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up on the book.  I'll go check it out.

vmax84

You can pick it up at just about any Borders or Barnes & Noble.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#10]
That's not a good message to send to your kids... They shouldn't eat well because other people can't eat at all... They should eat well because it in their best interest.

They have to learn to do stuff for themselves, not because what other people can or can not do

I'm not coming back to this thread, I don't need to see more of those pictures
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
www.deathrowuk.com/starving.jpg

what is it  

gun show jerky with extra black pepper?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#12]
it won't work, girls view their body diff, my neice is in counseling because of it
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is it  

Thats fucked up but kinda funny
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is it  

Thats fucked up but kinda funny

If it weren't so sad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

That's what happens when you don't have enough greedy farmers out to make a million bucks by growing so much food so that they can sell the excess for profit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:00:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is it  

On that note IBTL
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#17]
As someone who works with a personal trainer you better be sure your daughter is underweight before you go and tell her that she is to skinny.  Most stars in hollywood are NOT underweight.  They are lower on the scale however if you look at many of they're arms, thighs, mid sections etc they are not just skinny from dieting.  Many have personal trainers and are probably in much better health then most of the people who post here.  

It's very quick to point out features of someone who is skinny from not eating and not receiving the nutrition they need and someone who eats just what they need to and gets enough protien for them to sustain they're current musscle mass percentage.  

If you are willing to post a picture of her doing something other then just standing so she is using her upper arms or something in the mid section exposing her abs or email me a picture I could give you my closest opinion on her percentage.

You could also go to a gym and they will give her and you a bmi test before you start working out probably for free, or purchase one of the scales from reputable locations that does it electronically.  (Now more reliable then the old school water test althought that is more fun after a workout)

But please don't be one of the millions of people that thinks people are either fat or skinny becuase most people are fat and it's gotten to the point where they think people that are skinny are TO skinny now when in reality they are just fine for they're frame size and have more then enough musscle to do everything they need to do for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
As someone who works with a personal trainer you better be sure your daughter is underweight before you go and tell her that she is to skinny.  Most stars in hollywood are NOT underweight.  They are lower on the scale however if you look at many of they're arms, thighs, mid sections etc they are not just skinny from dieting.  Many have personal trainers and are probably in much better health then most of the people who post here.  

It's very quick to point out features of someone who is skinny from not eating and not receiving the nutrition they need and someone who eats just what they need to and gets enough protien for them to sustain they're current musscle mass percentage.  

If you are willing to post a picture of her doing something other then just standing so she is using her upper arms or something in the mid section exposing her abs or email me a picture I could give you my closest opinion on her percentage.

You could also go to a gym and they will give her and you a bmi test before you start working out probably for free, or purchase one of the scales from reputable locations that does it electronically.  (Now more reliable then the old school water test althought that is more fun after a workout)

But please don't be one of the millions of people that thinks people are either fat or skinny becuase most people are fat and it's gotten to the point where they think people that are skinny are TO skinny now when in reality they are just fine for they're frame size and have more then enough musscle to do everything they need to do for a long time.

The girls, even for some of the stuff they eat, are in excellant physical condition.  I guess in all honesty, they eat like typcial young Americans do..........McDonalds, pizza, etc.  They are very active beautiful girls.  

I simply want them to have a broader range of food that they eat.  

vmax84

Thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#19]
ok I just didn't want you to be one of the people we get at our clinic sometimes.  I won't go into details but they over feed they're children because they are obeise most of the time it is a learned behavior that starts well before the age of 7.  

Your doing a good thing then.

I almost never eat fast food.  I can't belive some people even put that much into themeslves if they knew what was in it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Like I said, the girls are very healthy, smart, active little people.  

I'm simply trying to "tweak" their diet so they're not so dang picky on what they eat.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#21]
One of the things that has worked well for our clients is to practice what you preach and don't just give in sometimes in a hurry and grab a hamburger or a taco at mc donalds or taco bell.

Eat things that are healthy, and sometimes even just looking at the ingredients!  Ask to see a list of ingredients for the Taco Bell Beef sometime!  You will probably gag and wonder what exactly you have put into your mouth unknowingly.

There are some things you can eat at fast food places that really arn't even that bad.  If you have kept your imune system and your metabilism rate up (this is controlled by genes some, but also controlled by each person) You won't have a problem with casual dining at Burger King or somewhere else.  But order for nutritional value and not just taste.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#22]
All i can say is good luck. I almost lost my sister over an eating disorder (actually 2 eating disorders). I was in the South Pacific and found out she was in a hospital restrained to a bed and being fed through tubes.

The girl in the bed next to her never made it home. She died in there.

The best you can do in my opinion is seek help if it gets bad enough, otherwise keep the compliments flowing and let her know she isn't fat. A good self esteem is paramount, help her raise it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top