Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 6:11:02 AM EDT
I surrounded by assholes.

Sometimes management is entertaining and full of action.  Other times, it's a thankless chore.  

Have a good day.  Don't worry about running into a crowd of morons....they're all here with me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:12:15 AM EDT
[#1]
lol yea I know what you mean.  Sorry to bust your bubble but they are everywhere, they really tend to shine as soon as I get behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sometimes management is entertaining and full of action.  Other times, it's a thankless chore.  

Have a good day.  Don't worry about running into a crowd of morons....they're all here with me.

Your work for Arfcom?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]
You are not alone.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Security at the AstroDome?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:14:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Some are here with me too. I think there everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
You haven't been on my latest  jobsite, I even thought about sending you an im last friday for advice on my jobsite douchebags. I get the nations worst concrete guys almost every time
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#7]
You work at the Post Office too????
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Bull doze any plumbers lately?

Maybe that will make you feel better...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The real problem is that they can (and do) vote.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Your company practices affirmative action?  mine does b/c of a lawsuit settled out of court recently and my work load has increased 2 fold.  I do my job and the operation manager's job now.

He's too stupid for P.R. work and can't crunch the numbers for a P and L report.  We run out of stock on a constant basis despite the fact that everything's online now w/ corporate holding your hand through the ordering process.

Whew...I feel better now...sorry for the hijack.   I can certainly relate to your plight.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#11]
That's why I got out of management. It's easier to sit around and complain.

I recall one episode. We were doing 24-hour coverage, 12-hour shifts. There were 4 people [with short curly hair] that had the same duty, requiring two on each shift. One of the night crew asked "How come you have all the people [with short curly hair] on night shift?"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I have two crews clearing a lot & stacking wood around the office today cause it's slow.  I keep a backlog of non-billable tasks on hand so when we have down time I can keep the crews busy and let them get 40 hours that week instead of sending them home.

It's when they start bitching about work (when I could just as easily send them home and save the overhead) that my patience gets twisted.  Sent two guys home cause they gave me some attitude about having to actually work for their pay.  Imagine that.  Having to earn your keep when someone keeps you around when there's no billable work for that day.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#13]
"Whaddya mean I need 3 conductors and a ground at a 3-way?"

Work was getting real slow, so our foreman would say "take your time, it's gotta last."  Then the GF would come around and yell because we weren't working with a "sense of urgency."

That's the shit I was dealing with last week.

That shit drives me nuts.

I asked for, and got, a temporary lay off.  Part of it will be vacation time.

Time to goof off for a bit.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Just checking to make sure my picture wasn't posted in this thread....shwew!

roy d.....looking for other assholes to surround good people is a thankless job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have two crews clearing a lot & stacking wood around the office today cause it's slow.  I keep a backlog of non-billable tasks on hand so when we have down time I can keep the crews busy and let them get 40 hours that week instead of sending them home.

It's when they start bitching about work (when I could just as easily send them home and save the overhead) that my patience gets twisted.  Sent two guys home cause they gave me some attitude about having to actually work for their pay.  Imagine that.  Having to earn your keep when someone keeps you around when there's no billable work for that day.

Can you fire 'em and hire folks who appreciate being employed?  Maybe that kind of thinking is why I'm not a manager.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I keep a backlog of non-billable tasks on hand so when we have down time I can keep the crews busy and let them get 40 hours that week instead of sending them home.

I can relate.  And most folks, including me, appreciate the thought.

But for me, I don't do well with 'busy work.'

Show me the 4" pipe, the table bender, and the material to build the racks.

Otherwise, I'll find some other place to work.

I have money; it's the boredom that kills me.

As I have written on the side of my hardhat, "Boredom Has A Price."

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You too? Holy excrement, I thought I was the only one with that problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top