Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/20/2005 5:15:24 AM EDT
Never in my life have I seen more Dunkin' Donuts places!

On Rte 9 in Westborough, there are 2 across the street from each other and they seem to do fine.

They seen to outnumber McDonalds about 4-1.

Amazing!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Why?  Because theyah wicked good!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#2]
MIT & Harvard grad's importing their families.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]
KRISPY KREME
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Liar, Ted Kennedy lives on Scotch and Scones.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:23:33 AM EDT
[#5]
And they all ask for extra cream & 8 sugars
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Drinking my "large, cream-only" right now.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]
There's at least 8 that I know of within a one mile radius from me... 3 within a half mile.

I have a 6 mile commute to work and I pass right by 5 more.

DD is making a fortune. A medium coffee costs me about $1.70 and there's usually always a few customers
in the place regardless of the time. The one I normally go to is always crowded, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

ETA: I just searched the store finder at their website
www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/store/Search.aspx.

There's 33 within a 5 mile radius of me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You mean wicked awesome, buddy.
Im a transplant and I know of the liquid crack known as double D.
After 7ish yrs in FL, I am clean now.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You're not from Mass Cynic....

And why aren't you smoking a joint while eating Ben & Jerry's?  Cause that's what VT people do.

Now if you'll excuse me I've got to wash down my lobster with some Moxie
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
i lived by rt 9 in needham /wellesley area, in wellesley alone theres 3 dunkin donuts and on rt 9 in a haf mile stretch you can access another 3, i agree, it is unreal, before the dunkin craze, Brugers Bagels used to be HUGE mid to late 1990s but the donut man won out now for sure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[

That'as funny.

I had my obligatory bottle of Moxie AND lobster when I was there.

GAWD! it's awful!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:30:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's a Maine accent you're typing there!

Mass would be:

"Why?  Becoawas' 'they-air' wicked goood"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And why aren't you smoking a joint while eating Ben & Jerry's?  Cause that's what VT people do.

Moxie is some nasty shit!  All the years growing up in Maine, I never had the balls to try it.  My neighbors wife is from up in spud country (Aroostic County).  Her parents bring her a few cases every year when they visit.  She cannot give the stuff away.  I finally tried it...it wasn't the worst thing in the world, but it wasn't good either.  Tasted like Ginger beer and witch hazel!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

That'as funny.

I had my obligatory bottle of Moxie AND lobster when I was there.

GAWD! it's awful!

lol...it is....it's truely like sucking the sap out of a Spruce Tree
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm on my way to Rhode Island on Friday, you can't swing a cat without hitting a Dunkin Donuts.  Like those uppity assholes need more caffeine.  It's a state the size of a damn postage stamp, but they drive like bats with their asses on fire.  Slow down assholes, if you slow down 5 seconds too late, you'll be in Vermont.  

Why can't you get a fucking glass of fresh fucking brewed iced tea in the whole goddamned state of Rhode Island???!?!??   "It's out of season."  FUCK YOU.  Iced tea doesn't have a season.  Duck season, wabbit season, hockey season, that is it, end of fucking list.  There is no fucking iced tea season.  And don't serve me that pre-brewed nasty fucking Nestea Lemon Sugar synthetic iced tea.  I've had my daily allowance of polymers already.  Flavored teas are for communists and homosexuals, serve them to the Kennedys, not me.  If I wanted Rasberry-Mango tea, I'd go beat myself in the head with a shovel for about 20 minutes.

/minor rant off
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm on my way to Rhode Island on Friday, you can't swing a cat without hitting a Dunkin Donuts.  Like those uppity assholes need more caffeine.  It's a state the size of a damn postage stamp, but they drive like bats with their asses on fire.  Slow down assholes, if you slow down 5 seconds too late, you'll be in Vermont.  

Why can't you get a fucking glass of fresh fucking brewed iced tea in the whole goddamned state of Rhode Island???!?!??   "It's out of season."  FUCK YOU.  Iced tea doesn't have a season.  Duck season, wabbit season, hockey season, that is it, end of fucking list.  There is no fucking iced tea season.  And don't serve me that pre-brewed nasty fucking Nestea Lemon Sugar synthetic iced tea.  I've had my daily allowance of polymers already.  Flavored teas are for communists and homosexuals, serve them to the Kennedys, not me.  If I wanted Rasberry-Mango tea, I'd go beat myself in the head with a shovel for about 20 minutes.

/minor rant off

Drink you're warm oversweetend herbal gray lavendar tea with two soy milks and shaddup....oh and get you're slow drivin' hillbilly ass out of the passing lane!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#17]
There's an area here Jersey where I work that has 7 within 2 miles of each. Everyone is doing fantastic business too.

Go figure?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#18]
You say that like it's a bad thing
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

OH -> MA -> VT

I have a unique perspective on the New England crowd.
Dunkin Donuts is the only thing those Massholes managed
to do right.

Quoted:

...and marrying my boyfriend whilist protesting a Lowe's
construction site in order to protect the microscopic
spotted assfrog.

Quoted:
Now if you'll excuse me I've got to wash down my lobster with some Moxie.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
spotted assfrog.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH -> MA -> VT

I have a unique perspective on the New England crowd.
Dunkin Donuts is the only thing those Massholes managed
to do right.

Quoted:

spotted assfrog.

Quoted:
Now if you'll excuse me I've got to wash down my lobster with some Moxie.

Weird, OH ->CO->VT for me.  There are a lot of Dunkin Donuts up here.  Wish there were a few White Castles.  A Skyline Chili wouldn't be bad either.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

Drink you're warm oversweetend herbal gray lavendar tea with two soy milks and shaddup....oh and get you're slow drivin' hillbilly ass out of the passing lane!

Actually, I always get a rental car with Masshole plates when I am there.  It gives me free reign to drive like a dipshit.    People expect it when they see the plates.  

The real fun is trying to find any BBQ or Mexican food in Rhode Island.  If one more person points me to Taco Bell when I ask about Mexican food, you guys are going to see me on the evening news.   I've tried to explain brisket to the folks in Rhode Island, but they can't seem to grasp it.  I just leave them to their quahogs and coffee and quietly count the seconds until my flight home.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

/minor rant off

RANT ON!  Why can't I get an iced coffee in the South after September?  Iced coffee doesn't have a season either.   And it's not just hot coffee poured over ice, you morons!  And we're damn proud that we have 40 Dunkin Donuts in the city of Providence alone.  Stay in the frekking south, we don't want you in our fine Dunkin Donuts establishments of RI anyway.  Iced tea is for those who are too whimpy to drink iced coffee.  Don't you have evacuees to poke fun at?

The Kennedys aren't from RI either, ya jackass.  

Rant off.

ETA: and I'm fairly sure that were I to ask for a fine seafood establishment in Texas you'd point me to "RED <all our seafood is frozen prior to frying> Lobster".   How that sad excuse for a restaurant ever made it to America's most popular casual theme restaurant is beyond me.  They can't even make it in New England.  We know better.

Right, Hokie???
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Ha ha! You guys just dont get it.

When the war starts between Canada and the US (and it will) it will initially be fought by donut shop employees. Dunking Donuts is the first line of defence against their Tim Hortons battalions.
When they send in the beer Brigades we wont have a chance.

I know, I'm from there and I've seen the plans.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#25]

When the war starts between Canada and the US (and it will) it will initially be fought by donut shop employees. Dunking Donuts is the first line of defence against their Tim Hortons battalions.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

RANT ON!  Why can't I get an iced coffee in the South after September?  Iced coffee doesn't have a season either.   And it's not just hot coffee poured over ice, you morons!  And we're damn proud that we have 40 Dunkin Donuts in the city of Providence alone.  Stay in the frekking south, we don't want you in our fine Dunkin Donuts establishments of RI anyway.  Iced tea is for those who are too whimpy to drink iced coffee.  Don't you have evacuees to poke fun at?

Rant off.

DW...I don't know where in the south you go, but I see Iced Coffee available here all the time.  Additionally, when I hit NC in October and November to hunt, they are still available.  My aunt loves the stuff.

P.S.  Nobody likes Massachussets.  Rode Island is only a fart echo away, might as well be the same place.  I thought I heard a while ago that they were going to combine RI with another state and give Puerto Rico statehood.  Is that true?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:05:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
i lived by rt 9 in needham /wellesley area, in wellesley alone theres 3 dunkin donuts and on rt 9 in a haf mile stretch you can access another 3, i agree, it is unreal, before the dunkin craze, Brugers Bagels used to be HUGE mid to late 1990s but the donut man won out now for sure.

I grew up in Needham and still live there in the summer. The town has 2 with a 3rd one moving in.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

drinking my 2nd large black.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

Rant off.

DW...I don't know where in the south you go, but I see Iced Coffee available here all the time.  Additionally, when I hit NC in October and November to hunt, they are still available.  My aunt loves the stuff.

P.S.  Nobody likes Massachussets.  Rode Island is only a fart echo away, might as well be the same place.  I thought I heard a while ago that they were going to combine RI with another state and give Puerto Rico statehood.  Is that true?

DV8-
I lived in Hotlanta for 2 years.  My parents have lived in North Carolina for 10 years.  I think Sweet Tea is the most vile liquid that has ever been served up.  You can't get a decent cup of hot coffee, let alone iced coffee, albeit for ONE Dunkin Donuts on the ride between Raleigh and the coast.  

I realize noone likes Massachusetts.  Rhode Island is just a little state to the south of Mass with a corrupt government, bad drivers (I'll give ya that one) and the best coffee in the USA.  Oh, and damn good seafood.

It's silly to dump on a state just because of the politics of the party in power, dont'cha think?
and especially silly to dump on arfcommers who happen to make that state their home.

Yes, we drive badly.  You tend to drive that way when you don't have 10 mile straightaways to practice on.  But we dare you to traverse the S curves of Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day.  No, we probably don't have barbeque or Mexican food like you do.  But then again, we don't have as many Mexicans as you do to cook for us.  But we have a lovely seashore, and good seafood, and if you don't try to talk to us, you can be damn sure we won't talk to you.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#30]
got 8 within a 5 mile radius here...

oh, and you don't go to Rhode Island for barbecue or mexican food, you go for the seafood. Get yourself over to Georges in Galilee and have some clamcakes...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Never in my life have I seen more Dunkin' Donuts places!

Brother, you ain't kidding!

I spent quite a few months in the Fall River area, and DD is EVERYWHERE. UNREAL!

Their bagel sandwiches are awesome!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Just wait until they are introduced to Krispy Kremes - the crack cocaine of doughnuts...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Lay off D&D, it is wicked awesome (pronounced oar-sum)

Quoted:
got 8 within a 5 mile radius here...

oh, and you don't go to Rhode Island for barbecue or mexican food, you go for the seafood. Get yourself over to Georges in Galilee and have some clamcakes...

Can also stop by Aunt Carries down the street in 'Gansett for some kick ass clam cakes. And don't forget the Del's lemonade. (great with Vodka)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Just wait until they are introduced to Krispy Kremes - the crack cocaine of doughnuts...

to be honest, it's not worth the trip to find them.  The coffee sucks ass.
What good is a donut shop with nasty coffee, I ask you???

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
DV8-
I lived in Hotlanta for 2 years.  My parents have lived in North Carolina for 10 years.  I think Sweet Tea is the most vile liquid that has ever been served up.  You can't get a decent cup of hot coffee, let alone iced coffee, albeit for ONE Dunkin Donuts on the ride between Raleigh and the coast.  
That would be the DD in New Bern or near Cherry Point.

I realize noone likes Massachusetts.  Rhode Island is just a little state to the south of Mass with a corrupt government, bad drivers (I'll give ya that one) and the best coffee in the USA.  Oh, and damn good seafood.

Same could be said about Mass or Maine (except for the bad drivers in Maine.  Maine doesn't have bad drivers, just bad roads.)

It's silly to dump on a state just because of the politics of the party in power, dont'cha think?
and especially silly to dump on arfcommers who happen to make that state their home.

No, dumping on states and their residents is a national past-time.  Think FL after the 2000 election, WVA or Arkansas inbreds, Kali Libtards, Massholes, Mainaics, Georgia Rednecks, Seattle Washington coffee drinking tree huggers etc...I could go on.

Yes, we drive badly.  You tend to drive that way when you don't have 10 mile straightaways to practice on.  But we dare you to traverse the S curves of Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day.  No, we probably don't have barbeque or Mexican food like you do.  But then again, we don't have as many Mexicans as you do to cook for us.  But we have a lovely seashore, and good seafood, and if you don't try to talk to us, you can be damn sure we won't talk to you.

Funny, I always drive crazy after drinking too much coffee/caffiene and eating bad mexican food.  Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!!! If you know what I mean.  I grew up in Downeast Maine and have no problem understanding the downeastern accent.  But deciphering the Mass/RI dialect is like trying to understand a drunk and stoned toothless homeless person who's tongue is swollen from an allergic reaction to cheap methamphetamine.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Why can't I get an iced coffee in the South after September? Iced coffee doesn't have a season either.

I call bullshit.  There is a Dunkin Donuts about a mile from my office (NW Houston), and they serve it year-round.  Nice try.  I'd be glad to post a photo of the menu board in a few weeks.

I'm not dumping on it because of politics, I'm dumping on it because I have in-laws there and I have to visit it twice a year.  Unfailingly, every time I visit, I have to listen to various jackasses tell me how Southerners are stupid, inbred, hicks, blah, blah, blah.   I never ask for their opinion of the south, they just feel the need to tell me how superior they are to us "dumb hicks."  The whole state has a Napoleon complex.

Yes, we drive badly.  You tend to drive that way when you don't have 10 mile straightaways to practice on.  But we dare you to traverse the S curves of Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day.

I was in RI 2 years ago to photograph a wedding.  2 days before the ceremony, the bride's uncle (a local) turned himself into a red smear on the pavement on those curves.  I'm glad to see that you guys have that down to an art form.  

No, we probably don't have barbeque or Mexican food like you do.  

Fixed it for you.

But then again, we don't have as many Mexicans as you do to cook for us.  But we have a lovely seashore, and good seafood, and if you don't try to talk to us, you can be damn sure we won't talk to you.

Fine with me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:36:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Funny, I always drive crazy after drinking too much coffee/caffiene and eating bad mexican food.  Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!!! If you know what I mean.  I grew up in Downeast Maine and have no problem understanding the downeastern accent.  But deciphering the Mass/RI dialect is like trying to understand a drunk and stoned toothless homeless person who's tongue is swollen from an allergic reaction to cheap methamphetamineMOXIE.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, I always drive crazy after drinking too much coffee/caffiene and eating bad mexican food.  Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!!! If you know what I mean.  I grew up in Downeast Maine and have no problem understanding the downeastern accent.  But deciphering the Mass/RI dialect is like trying to understand a drunk and stoned toothless homeless person who's tongue is swollen from an allergic reaction to cheap methamphetamineMOXIE.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a difference between the two.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in SE Mass, and sometimes "I" can't understand the Rhode Island accent.  I swear to god, some Rhode Islanders sound like the most undeducated idiots in the free world.

And <twitch> I'm on my 2nd <twitch> large iced coffee <twitch> of the morning.  And <twitch> I feel fine!

Photokirk, no offense.  I have no problem with anyone until they start insulting my home, and then I react with a knee jerk.

I do love the happy hour drink specials in Texas...I'll give you that!

S'all good
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#41]
They generallly dont serve sweet tea north of the Mason-Dixon line...........I travel a lot through the entire east coast so I know this. I rarely see sweet tea served above Virginia - I think Texas Roadhouse up here may offer it though.........Iced Coffee is perhaps the most OVERRATED beverage ever "designed".......coffee with ice.........simply STUNNING........who was the genius who invented cold coffee? Dunkin Donuts is okay but only slightly above gas station coffee or "Honeydew Donuts" - another Masshole establishment......

If I want sweet tea, I make it........I prefer southern cooking to most northern cooking any day - depends on who makes it. Generally. I like the deep south better since it is actually closer to the central Maine I grew up in - mindsetwise.....The panicky New Yorkers, Jersey drivers and Massholes I run into daily drive me nuts........thank God I'm in New Hampshire.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Geez.  We heard you the fist two times.

Isn't is a little early to be drinking?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Moxie....when you can't afford Crack.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The real fun is trying to find any BBQ or Mexican food in Rhode Island.  If one more person points me to Taco Bell when I ask about Mexican food, you guys are going to see me on the evening news.   I've tried to explain brisket to the folks in Rhode Island, but they can't seem to grasp it.  I just leave them to their quahogs and coffee and quietly count the seconds until my flight home.

Hey, don't knock the quahogs.  Smokey Bones has great brisket, though maybe not the best compared to what you can get.

Yes, we go through coffee faster than our SUV's go through gas, but you need something to wake you up when its blizzard outside.  Though I personly hate coffee.

Quoted:
Yes, we drive badly. You tend to drive that way when you don't have 10 mile straightaways to practice on. But we dare you to traverse the S curves of Pawtucket at 70mph on a rainy day. No, we probably don't have barbeque or Mexican food like you do. But then again, we don't have as many Mexicans as you do to cook for us. But we have a lovely seashore, and good seafood, and if you don't try to talk to us, you can be damn sure we won't talk to you.

LoL, I do 75 in my Explorer Sport-Trac through that chican and the speed limit is 55 through most of RI on I-95.  Highest tipover rate my ass.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
They generallly dont serve sweet tea north of the Mason-Dixon line...........I travel a lot through the entire east coast so I know this. I rarely see sweet tea served above Virginia - I think Texas Roadhouse up here may offer it though.........Iced Coffee is perhaps the most OVERRATED beverage ever "designed".......coffee with ice.........simply STUNNING........who was the genius who invented cold coffee? Dunkin Donuts is okay but only slightly above gas station coffee or "Honeydew Donuts" - another Masshole establishment......

If I want sweet tea, I make it........I prefer southern cooking to most northern cooking any day - depends on who makes it. Generally. I like the deep south better since it is actually closer to the central Maine I grew up in - mindsetwise.....The panicky New Yorkers, Jersey drivers and Massholes I run into daily drive me nuts........thank God I'm in New Hampshire.

Southerners... We have a lot of them in the military... and they cant live without there sweet tea...
No...they cant live with regular iced tea and sugar...its gotta be sweet tea...

Tastes like tea and corn syrup to me...

I am a damned yankee, and I like my tea unsweetened...I am lucky if I can get that here.

Biscuits and gravy...grits... serve that here too...

But I do like ya'lls Krispy Kreme donuts

No...KK here...

Just a Dunkin Donuts at the train station in Suwon.

ETA...

I expect biscuits, gravy and sweet tea to be offered in an MRE version...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in SE Mass, and sometimes "I" can't understand the Rhode Island accent.  I swear to god, some Rhode Islanders sound like the most undeducated idiots in the free world.

And <twitch> I'm on my 2nd <twitch> large iced coffee <twitch> of the morning.  And <twitch> I feel fine!

Photokirk, no offense.  I have no problem with anyone until they start insulting my home, and then I react with a knee jerk.

S'all good

Sorry I snapped back at you.  Just not looking forward to another weekend with the inlaws.  I am putting together a survival kit of Luzianne tea and hot sauce to bring with me.

True story:  The TSA goons at  the airport in Providence were giving me hell about a bottle of hot sauce in my carry-on bag.  They ran it throught the x-ray twice, scratched their heads, and called me over to the super-duper security area.  After explaining several times that it was hot sauce (it was store-bought and clearly labeled), I got frustrated, opened the bottle and drank a shot of hot sauce.   They let me on the plane, but that little stunt did result in the release of a weapon of ass destruction after the plane got up to altiitude.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:00:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/minor rant off

Rant off.

ETA: and I'm fairly sure that were I to ask for a fine seafood establishment in Texas you'd point me to "RED <all our seafood is frozen prior to frying> Lobster".   How that sad excuse for a restaurant ever made it to America's most popular casual theme restaurant is beyond me.  They can't even make it in New England.  We know better.

Right, Hokie???

The Kennedy's might not be "from" RI, but they certainly have plenty of property there, and spend plenty of time there.  

Who is one of your Congressmen?  Patrick J. Kennedy

p.s. What the hell is Iced Coffee anyway?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#48]
NH --> MA --> CT --> NH here

Maybe that's why I'm so screwed up

BTW, I'm just finishing off my ex-large "8&8" (8 creams, 8 sugars) from Dunk's as I type. Usually I take my coffee w/cream only, but on staff meeting days I like to show up wired for fucking sound. Management here typically doesn't screw with you if they see you trembling like a ferret after his second double cappuccino.

At my second job with the mortgage outfit it is considered acceptable to be late for a meeting-just as long as you run through the Dunk's drive thru on your way in. One of our FNGs was late for the meeting this morning, so this coffee ended up being free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

S'all good

Sorry I snapped back at you.  Just not looking forward to another weekend with the inlaws.  I am putting together a survival kit of Luzianne tea and hot sauce to bring with me.

True story:  The TSA goons at  the airport in Providence were giving me hell about a bottle of hot sauce in my carry-on bag.  They ran it throught the x-ray twice, scratched their heads, and called me over to the super-duper security area.  After explaining several times that it was hot sauce (it was store-bought and clearly labeled), I got frustrated, opened the bottle and drank a shot of hot sauce.   They let me on the plane, but that little stunt did result in the release of a weapon of ass destruction after the plane got up to altiitude.  

*goons* is right on , with the TSA in Providence.  Thank god it's a small airport, and you can forget the experience quickly.
I've been pulled over and had to have a strip search, and had a pair of tweezers confiscated, but had a knife right on my keychain that they let go without a word.
Go figure.

Try Smokey bones at the Providence Place Mall if you get homesick.  It's probably not Texas quality, but it might get you through the visit!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:02:12 AM EDT
[#50]

p.s. What the hell is Iced Coffee anyway?  

Coffee with ice in it...

Its pretty damned good
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top