Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 8:08:30 PM EDT
On the local news, many of the last dregs at the Dome are bitching about being moved to Arkansas to escape the new hurricane.

Gee, someone is forcing me to leave the path of a hurricane and I am upset. I guess its not my fault I had to be rescued from NO
. Talk about Darwin award material.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats ok, most Arkansans aren't too happy about it either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I am betting Big Willie is behind all this
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
why would yall be upset about getting our best and brightest?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess this new Hurricane isn't a completely bad thing after all...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Put 'em back in the path of the new hurricane.
on rafts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe they could use our $2000 and go somewhere else and quit bitching!!!

Hmmmm....

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

but...but...maybe they have someone that can play football.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The hurricane is Bushs fault, he don't care about....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am betting Big Willie is behind all this

=

It's all Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#10]
They are mad because they wont be able to rape and loot in Arkansas unlike the astrodome
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Sadly enough, I do hear some morons that are serious when they say that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take a Hurricane over them
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
why would yall be upset about getting our best and brightest?

I'm afraid the "culture" they try to share with us may not be appreciated by all.

Besides the fact, I feel it's a travesty for them to be removed from their natural habitat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm afraid the "culture" they try to share with us may not be appreciated by all.
Besides the fact, I feel it's a travesty for them to be removed from their natural habitat.hr

a big +1
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#15]
he, this means there will be a gunshow
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Houston astrodome evacuees now mad at being relocated to Arkansas

SFW.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#17]
We got tired of them living in Houston, so we spun up the ole hurricane machine and pitched em a curve ball.

-- G W Bush, Former Baseball Team Owner, Mad Scientist and President
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#18]
My question is why are they still in the Astrodome after this much time has passed?  Why haven't they gone to family in other places or gone out and found work to get a place they can call home.    Oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]
boofuckinghoo.......
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:55:49 AM EDT
[#20]
There's always a fun filled one way cruise to the romantic beckoning coast of West Africa...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:18:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Geeee, I'm just all torn up over this.    Like it wasn't expected? Maybe Farrakahn will send over one of his own boats for them this time and take them into his home.
Oh and IBTL
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:53:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Send them to Africa, away from the hurricanes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#23]
The people that are still laying around waiting to be fed should be taken out every day to pick up trash along the highways or some such thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:09:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's some cold shit....but true.  

These "refugees" are fucking killing me.  They opened one of the shut down military bases just south of here as a temporary residence for these people.  A couple of weeks ago these "refugees" threw donated bottles water at the people bringing it to them, and demanded CocaCola.    "we sick of water, we need Coke."  

They've recently informed them that they cannot live in this military base forever, and eventually they will have to move on.  One of the women on the news last night didn't understand what she was supposed to do when they kicked her out of the base, because "the government hasn't given her another place to live yet."  Always concerned about what the fucking government is going to give them instead of standing on their own two feet.

Many of the small towns and their churches who took these people in are finding them difficult to get rid of now.  They are also finding their crime rates strangely going up.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:12:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone who does not appreciate Texas hospitality can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#26]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ouch
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#27]
A co-worker of mine was from Arkansas. She surprised me by telling me about the gang problems they have in Little Rock and other cities there. She also told me what they call students from the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (UAPB). U Are Probably Black...

Coincidentally, my wife has had to draw down four times in West Memphis, AR at the store she has to work occasionally, a block from the PD and within sight of the Sheriff's Dept...I don't think it will make any noticeable impact on crime, just business as usual..
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
They've recently informed them that they cannot live in this military base forever, and eventually they will have to move on.  One of the women on the news last night didn't understand what she was supposed to do when they kicked her out of the base, because "the government hasn't given her another place to live yet."  .  

I predicted this was going to happen when they re-opened McClellan. What other closed posts did they reopen for them?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They've recently informed them that they cannot live in this military base forever, and eventually they will have to move on.  One of the women on the news last night didn't understand what she was supposed to do when they kicked her out of the base, because "the government hasn't given her another place to live yet."  .  

I predicted this was going to happen when they re-opened McClellan. What other closed posts did they reopen for them?

Fort Chaffee in Fort Smith, Arkansas was opened for the hurricaine "refugees."  It hasn;t been closed for more than a year.  Initially I believe they took in about 10k people.  It's my understanding they house around half that number now.....and those must be the ones demanding Coca Cola and that the government build them a new house.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
A co-worker of mine was from Arkansas. She surprised me by telling me about the gang problems they have in Little Rock and other cities there. She also told me what they call students from the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff (UAPB). U Are Probably Black...

Coincidentally, my wife has had to draw down four times in West Memphis, AR at the store she has to work occasionally, a block from the PD and within sight of the Sheriff's Dept...I don't think it will make any noticeable impact on crime, just business as usual..

Most places in AR are very peaceful especially the western side of the state.  Those three towns you mentioned are indeed hot beds of crime though.

The problem would be if they decided to ship a load of refugees to a small town where there was very little crime.  The local residents would not put up with it (the looting, raping, and murdering that seems to follow these poor victims), there would be an incident, and then ABC, CNN, and CBS will forever label all Arkies as racists, not that a give two shits what they think, but I wouldn't want our thriving economy disturbed by a bunch of lib-tards.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Put 'em back in the path of the new hurricane.

on rafts.

I was just gonna stick 'em on the beach
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Fuck 'em.  Boot them to the curb and let them starve in the gutter.  It's time to let nature take it's course with idiots like that, instead of letting them live to breed another generation of welfare parasites.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#33]
They got their two fucking grand.  No lets not get a cheap apartment for a month, get a job and start a new life with that money; lets playing grab ass in the asstrodome and suck on uncle sams honkey ass titties some more
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Where are they being relocated in AR.  Need to know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Where are they being relocated in AR.  Need to know.

I heard it was YOUR HOUSE...but I could be mistaken....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
The Ozarks wouldn't be a safe bet for 'em!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I met some backwoods guys in the Ozarks that would gladly give them alll swimming lessons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top