Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:07:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, it hasn't worked YET.

So you got some dates... it will WORK when you find a good one.    I'm talking to a girl I met off of one recently.  Haven't met her in person tho.  Might have to do that this weekend.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
- Did you put your photo on your profile?
- Did you put any, uh, dirty pics up?
- The women contacted you, or you dinged them first?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
- Did you put your photo on your profile?
- Did you put any, uh, dirty pics up?
- The women contacted you, or you dinged them first?

Seems like your wanting to believe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
HotorNot, eh?

That means they have pictures hosted online, yes?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a "guy" on a car forum who was very frank and honest about his experience with AdultFriend Finder.

Went from 1 steady girlfriend of 3 years to at one time, meeting and having sex with 3 women in the same day. He was a chubbier guy but had lots of online charm, and warned everyone that such a dramatic change in lifestyle can mess with one's mind.

Meh. I usually just go after girls I meet, but that's pretty easy since i'm in college. I just might end up being the sketchy alumni after I grad
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
:::::system message:::::

*premature ejaculation post*
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#7]
So, what are the lies are you using to git hot women to call you?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyonw watch that online dating show that was on a while back?  They followed a handful of women around while they hooked up online.  Man, what a fucking mess.  Some of the girls were downright ugly, but regardless of looks, they were picky as hell!!!   They'd go on a date with a normal looking guy with a good job and complain right after, as if they just knew he wasn't the right guy.  Over and over....rejecting guys left and right, for no reason.  A few of them would use the guy to get stuff and lead them on, then call up and say "I'm just not feeling it, it isn't working out".  The guys were always pretty shocked and rightfully so.  Really screwed up head cases.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
HotorNot, eh?

That means they have pictures hosted online, yes?

Damn right.

Pics!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
this thread is useless without pictures!

we want to see the contestants!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take "Rubenesque" for $300, Alex.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#13]
sdc dot com.  been divorced a year now, WHAT A YEAR!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#14]
if i were single, i'd try on-line dating in a second.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Put me down as a satisfied Internet dater (Match.com - 8 months).  Once the wheels fall off the current prospective future Mrs. Ex, the next one is right behind.  Keep a couple on simmer when you find one you like, and then heat them up if she doesn't pan out.  

You probably won't find a wife on there, but it's better than hitting on women in the wild.  I've met a lot of girls that I really enjoyed spending time with.

As long as you can practice a certain amount of self control and be funny, you can have endless dates/hookups/whatever you are looking for.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah it works , I used it for a couple of years
after my divorce 6 years ago .

At first I was thinking , damn this is great . Women
are contacting me and all I have to do is pick
the ones I like and set up a place to meet .  
Or so I thought ....

Sure I met quite a few attractive women . Several
of which I dated part time for months . It was like
the keys to the pie store but then I started
to notice a common theme in their stories , most
had been the one that was dumped in their past
relationships .

What I came to learn is that 99% of them deserved
it .  Talk about personality defects . I saw every one
you could think of , and a few I never imagined .

Here is a short list of warning signs they put in
their profiles :

Looking for my soul mate =  I want a man to cater to
my every need that I can treat like shit .

Free spirited = Yeah I'm a slut , and I like it .

Looking for a good man = How much money do you make .

Fun Loving = I'm a drunk , a drug addict , or both .

Independent = Cold hearted bitch .

Domestic Goddess = I don’t have a job , nor do I want one .

Of course YMMV

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Put me down as a satisfied Internet dater (Match.com - 8 months).  Once the wheels fall off the current prospective future Mrs. Ex, the next one is right behind.  Keep a couple on simmer when you find one you like, and then heat them up if she doesn't pan out.  

But but but...   I thought Dr Neil Clark Warren said you could find your soul mate! Oh wait, that's eHarmony.com.

You probably won't find a wife on there, but it's better than hitting on women in the wild.  I've met a lot of girls that I really enjoyed spending time with.

As long as you can practice a certain amount of self control and be funny, you can have endless dates/hookups/whatever you are looking for.

Self-control? Does that mean no trying to hump her over the dinner table on the first date?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I've been using it as of late due to the fact most girls in my area are jailbait, have boyfriends, or have a couple kids. I've met 4 girls so far, and it breaks down like this:

Girl 1: Life sucks and I hate my life because life sucks. [Status: Kick + Curb]

Girl 2: I'm a total bitch, and a cocktease. My sex is great, but Im not going to put out even though I'm the greastest sex goddess ever. [Status: Kick + Curb]

Girl 3: I have completely lied about my repuation, and I'm really a big whore that all of the small city I live in knows about. Did I mention I'm very emotional and love to leave voicemails of me sobbing on your cell phone? [Status: Kick + Curb in a serious way]

Girl 4: I'm a sweet Right-Wing Conservative that loves video games, adult swim, and am a Christian that still likes to have fun. I also have a stable job, and like to work. I feel the US is fucked up because of liberals destroying family values, destorying personal responsibility, and not supporting our troops overseas. [Status: On 556A2's arm ]

My non-scienticfic findings on online-dating:

I personally think that it has certain avantages over meeting someone at a nightclub. Usually you can talk to them and get a certain feel of their persoanality before you meet them which is an advantage. If things go bad with girl 4, then I'll simply move back to the wonderful world of online dating.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:33:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I met my current girlfriend of 3+ months at match.com.  Things are going great, and we are best friends and more.  I'm 35, she's 28.  We mountain bike, kayak, and shoot.  She loves beer, and riding on the back of my motorcycle.  She does have a little baggage, 2 seven year-old Labs.  They run alongside the bikes, and swim alongside the kayaks.  Couldn't be happier.
I've met maybe 4 "dates" before her from the same online service that didn't work out.  Most were just one date.  One I did date for a few months, but broke I broke it off.   The services can work, just use a reputable one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Of course it works! It's just like regular dating, but you get to skip a lot of wasted time hanging out at bars.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:41:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yeah it works , I used it for a couple of years
after my divorce 6 years ago .

At first I was thinking , damn this is great . Women
are contacting me and all I have to do is pick
the ones I like and set up a place to meet .  
Or so I thought ....

Sure I met quite a few attractive women . Several
of which I dated part time for months . It was like
the keys to the pie store but then I started
to notice a common theme in their stories , most
had been the one that was dumped in their past
relationships .

What I came to learn is that 99% of them deserved
it .  Talk about personality defects . I saw every one
you could think of , and a few I never imagined .

Here is a short list of warning signs they put in
their profiles :

Looking for my soul mate =  I want a man to cater to
my every need that I can treat like shit .

Free spirited = Yeah I'm a slut , and I like it .

Looking for a good man = How much money do you make .

Fun Loving = I'm a drunk , a drug addict , or both .

Independent = Cold hearted bitch .

Domestic Goddess = I don’t have a job , nor do I want one .

Of course YMMV

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]
My cousin met his wife through an online dating service.  If you're shy/quiet or don't have much of a social life, it can be a great way to meet people.  Basically, you get set up on a blind date by a non-existant common friend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Good one Chrome1...

I was going to ask the original poster if he was using
Adultfriendfinder.com but someone seems to have beat me to it.

I know a guy here who has just hooked up with a girl from cupid.com
Of course, he is the train wreck in this matchup (from what I understand).

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Anyonw watch that online dating show that was on a while back?  They followed a handful of women around while they hooked up online.  Man, what a fucking mess.  Some of the girls were downright ugly, but regardless of looks, they were picky as hell!!!   They'd go on a date with a normal looking guy with a good job and complain right after, as if they just knew he wasn't the right guy.  Over and over....rejecting guys left and right, for no reason.  A few of them would use the guy to get stuff and lead them on, then call up and say "I'm just not feeling it, it isn't working out".  The guys were always pretty shocked and rightfully so.  Really screwed up head cases.

The show was called "Hooking Up".  If I learned anything about that show it's that your initial gut feeling about a woman is usually right, that all the stereotypes about women ARE true, and that a tiger, or in this case woman, can't change her stripes.

Half the girls on the show were just flat out whores looking for a cute guy to buy them things and screw them.  Then the one nutcase girl that I actually found cute would go through a different guy every week.  Each time the same routine, she would go on a date with the guy then go home and talk about great and wonderful he was but follow that up by saying she really had to sleep with him to know who he really was, then after the second or third date she would screw him and then start to feel ba and then break up with him.

As for the guys on the show 99% of them were pathetic.  It's no wonder the girls never found a decent guy.  They were all boring, into themselves, and extremely insecure.  They would say stuff like "so am I your type", "do i look like my picture", "are you having fun"...ect.  Or they would just ramble on about something stupid and you could tell the girl was about to fall alseep and they would say stuff like "wow, you are the greatest person in the world and we are having so much."  Hello, get a clue loser.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hey, it hasn't worked YET.

So you got some dates... it will WORK when you find a good one.    I'm talking to a girl I met off of one recently.  Haven't met her in person tho.  Might have to do that this weekend.  

And if you play your cards right, you'll get your Man Card back soon!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:16:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top