Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 6:42:56 PM EDT
I work with a guy that lives close to New Orleans (in Des Allemans) His home was left high and dry from the storm , but when he got home He found that it had been looted. His insurance claims that it is not covered in his policy. Has anyone heard of such rampant bullshit going on out there?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have several policies.....including an AR-10, and an AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
His house was broken into and he was robbed... If he has the right INS it will cover it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably some of St. Roses finest. Des Allemands is a cool little town and those Lake Des Allemands crabs are as good as Pas Manchac crabs, IMHO.

Oh yeah, the insurance company is trying their favorite stunt.  Say no a few times and hope you friend will drop it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
His house was broken into and he was robbed... If he has the right INS it will cover it.

His Insurance company claimed that its not covered as a burglary because it was brought on by a natural disaster... I.E. Looting, not burglary
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Lawyer up and sue the INS company then. Thats  crock of bullshit.

Quoted:

Quoted:

His Insurance company claimed that its not covered as a burglary because it was brought on by a natural disaster... I.E. Looting, not burglary

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Main Entry: 2loot
Function: verb
transitive senses
1 a : to plunder or sack in war b : to rob especially on a large scale and usually by violence or corruption
2 : to seize and carry away by force especially in war
intransitive senses : to engage in robbing or plundering especially in war

Maybe his war insurance lapsed?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Looter Insurance

Plus

Plus

Equals

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Lawyer up and sue the INS company then. Thats  crock of bullshit.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, I told him to talk to a lawyer. He sounded as if he had given up already. I hope he doesn't just take their word for it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top