Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 5:46:16 PM EDT
OK, some woman who is a hair dresser for this lady I work with has a nephew who is on one of the local SWAT teams. This guy got sent to New Orleans and is camping out with a bunch of other SWAT guys in a Home Depot parking lot (now a base of operations from the sound of it). Any who, this guy supposedly reported back that they have killed 89 people so far. What you are supposedly not hearing from the media is that the two largest gangs in NO pooled their resources and are trying to take over the city Mogadishu style.

What do you think? I don't really have a hard time believing it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Just rumors till we get proof.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that is about as likely as me going down there to loot and pillage.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just 89? Weak!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
..................Yep rumors!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Crock of shit .   I've been passing through New Orleans twice a day for the last 8 days .  Never saw anything like that  going down .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
two of the largest gangs would never come together.  one gang would eliminate the other and try and takes over the city for itself.  i would say:
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Something like that would have made it into a blog or something by now. Drudge, something.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
A coworker's hair dresser's nephew? I'd classify that as high grade intelligence.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like BS, but Col. David Hunt said on O`rielly that gangs from other states came pouring in to loot and whatever else. He said the troops told him when it got dark it was worse than Bagdad.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I have friend who is flying a helo there. He says the Rangers are sniping them every night.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#11]

TC
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A coworker's hair dresser's nephew? I'd classify that as high grade intelligence.

Extra valid if he's from south Florida.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Time to send in Snake Pliskin.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I have friend who is flying a helo there. He says the Rangers are sniping them every night.

i came across something like this in a blog and wondered if it might actually be true.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i came across something like this in a blog and wondered if it might actually be true.

They're using Kiowa Warrior helos as spotters and thermal/NV. He says you just hear the shots go off every now and then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
images.art.com/images/products/large/10111000/10111820.jpg

TC

wanna come out to plaaaaayaaaa!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
is 'lootie' from the mega photoshop post one of the dead?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think that is about as likely as me going down there to loot and pillage.

dude, the proper term is "treasure hunting"

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Time to send in Snake Pliskin.

staff.washington.edu/gcthomas/Images/c1052_8.jpg

I heard he was dead.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OK, some woman who is a hair dresser for this lady I work with has a nephew who goes to Sunday school with a girl that dated John Kerry's campaign manager's son's neighbor that once went to The Burning Man and met a hippie that knew of a guy that is on one of the local SWAT teams ...

What do you think? I don't really have a hard time believing it

... Why wouldn't you believe him
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OK, some woman who is a hair dresser for this lady I work with has a nephew who is on one of the local SWAT teams. This guy got sent to New Orleans and is camping out with a bunch of other SWAT guys in a Home Depot parking lot (now a base of operations from the sound of it). Any who, this guy supposedly reported back that they have killed 89 people so far. What you are supposedly not hearing from the media is that the two largest gangs in NO pooled their resources and are trying to take over the city Mogadishu style.

Nephew, hair dresser?  Dude are you retarded?  Come on, thats not even a rumor!  Its not even hearsay.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Huh?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#26]
89 DOGS maybe.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

True or false, they are hopelessly outgunned in the long run.  Thinning the herd.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
89 DOGS maybe.....

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
two of the largest gangs would never come together.  one gang would eliminate the other and try and takes over the city for itself.  i would say:

Study the Crips and Bloods. Two of the biggest gangs in the U.S. who banned together in the nineties to fight the police. Street gangs combine resources quite often. This story is BS. All stories that orriginate by women in beauty shops are BS.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#30]

The MSM and race-hustlers (Al / Jesse, Inc.) would love to report this story.

It would fit the MSM agenda to make gun control a front-burner item by calling every ammo type ever made "cop killer bullets" and every gun that functions a "military assault weapon." They can argue that the continued presence of these devices in the hands of "civilians" will result in the mass killing of kidergarteners nationwide. The Dems will jump all over it and scare the sense out of the soccer moms.

Al / Jesse, Inc. would dig it because it feeds their conspiracy bullshit that somehow Bush conjured up Katrina to destroy NO so the NG and .gov could go in and kill all the young black men in the city in the mop up. It would keep their fat faces in front of TV cameras and the coffers full of donations from guilty white liberals and the moonbat militant contingent of Black America.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]
In the begining they were taking out 10-20 bad guys a day.  Thats pretty muched ended,  occasionally there is a ramdom shot, and if so SWAT is on the sence and you woun't want to be a BG in NO.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I heard, from my cat's brother, Carl, that drinking pop rocks and Jim Beam will make you see Jesus.

I believe it, Carl's never lied to me before.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Not to debunk your info., but I also have an uncle who has a sister that got pulled over by a cop that's mother-in-law said that she was attacked by Nessie.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to debunk your info., but I also have an uncle who has a sister that got pulled over by a cop that's mother-in-law said that she was attacked by Nessie.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Probably BS. Is she in south florida? Seems all the uber reliable super secret stuff comes from down here for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't believe it.

Then again, me not believing it has nothing to do with it being true or not.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#38]
And you actually believe this junk motown?

Christ man.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Given the current situation WRT military units in NO (82nd, et al), it's highly unlikely that there'd be any organized street-gang takeover attempt...

I'd tend to believe the 'things are stabilizing' story much more, esp since there's now back-and-forth between the Feds & the state/local folks over re-opening the city (Nagin & crew want to let people back in soon, Feds say please don't)...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I heard, from my cat's brother, Carl, that drinking pop rocks and Jim Beam will make you see Jesus.

I believe it, Carl's never lied to me before.

Holy shit, I just spat my iced coffee on the keyboard!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:43:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

May be true, but my uncle's neighbor's son's cousin has a best friend who heard it from the door gunner on the NASA's new lunar rocket said that NO's dog population is the lowest it has ever been.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#42]
What bothers me is that they ARE killing looters and people shooting at them....

but we never hear about it ...at least very little if anything.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:49:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Did you see the video of the old lady with the gun they tackled?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Okay, jackass. My wife is a hairdresser and she almost never gossips. so don't go around saying ALL hairdressers are gossips because she doesn't and that's that!

As far as I know, this story is completely true. (based on my experience with hairdressers, YMMV)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#45]
It's probably based in reality, but the numbers are probably skewed.

The real number is probably 87.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sounds like BS, but Col. David Hunt said on O`rielly that gangs from other states came pouring in to loot and whatever else. He said the troops told him when it got dark it was worse than Bagdad.

Well hell then we (LEO's) better go down and disarm all the law abiding civilians with firearms trying to defend their homes.  Not to hijack your post but with the retarded logic going on down there if its true about the gangs I really feel sorry for the poor schmucks down there trying to protect their familys and homes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
And you actually believe this junk motown?

Christ man.....

Channeling lawdog?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well hell then we (LEO's) better go down and disarm all the law abiding civilians with firearms trying to defend their homes.  Not to hijack your post but with the retarded logic going on down there if its true about the gangs I really feel sorry for the poor schmucks down there trying to protect their familys and homes.

'Worse than Baghdad'???

How many LEOs and National Guardsmen have been 'gunned down' by these roving bands of armed gangs?

Why are we NOT hearing those numbers on the Nightly News?

It sure would go a long way in explaining why the CHiPs and the National Guardsmen are confiscating the weapons from law-abiding citizens, wouldn't it?

Or would it?

Baloney. Pure homemade baloney!

And baloney doesn't sell well in South Louisiana.

Eric The(AndouilleDoes)Hun

Hey i thought it went well with the thread theme, situation normal on all the info from the media types you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top