Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 4:55:08 PM EDT
Ok, I decided to sell my PT night sights in the EE here  (shameless plug I know) and it got me thinking.....

How many of you have different sight set ups on your carry guns and do you switch between them often?  For instance, I had two Glocks with different style sights and often would switch between the two.  Anyone do this?  What's the reason why you switch between the two?

Ok, discuss.......
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
no takers on this huh?  Seriously does anyone do this?

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
bump....guess no one does this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've changed iron sight on pistols. Usually upgrading to night sights on a pistol that didn't come with them.

However, once I find something that works I leave it. I'm worried that swapping too often will loosen the sights. Enlarging the dove tail slots for example.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Princeton... This is only the third set of sights (first factory, then the PT's, then the Meprolights)

I agree, switching too often would lead to problems. But my main question is wether you carry say a glock in one caliber, a 1911, and maybe another type of carry gun.  Do they all have similar/dissimilar sight systems?

I know a guy that has ghost rings on his target glock and regular factory sights on another.  This could lead to some problems I think

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top