BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:52:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:09:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It can't be imported into the U.S., but it's still scary that someone could fly that bastard into our airspace.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the questions section to see what somebody offers in Trade
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It can't be imported into the U.S., but it's still scary that someone could fly that bastard into our airspace.

Why?
sure it flies fast but gets really shitty gas mileage.
i would worry more about a 1985 ford F-150 panel van with a dirty bomb inside.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I smell a group buy coming up
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]
SWEET! If I was someone like Mel Gibson (with my own island), I'd buy this baby. A definite plus that it's a 2-person cockpit too. Good stuff...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Q: Would you concider trading a 1991 green ford mustang LX 4 cyc for the plane?

A: PLEASE DONT WASTE OUR TIME. THIS IS FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY

LMAO!

Which one of you guys posted that question?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's a two seater, wouldn't that make it an F-16B, rather than an A?

ETA...nevermind, just took a look at the pic and it's not the actual pic of the jet for sale. The one they are showing looks like a D or Weasel model, because it has AGM-45 Shrikes and AIM-120 AMRAAMS's on the hardpoints.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
SWEET! If I was someone like Mel Gibson (with my own island), I'd buy this baby. A definite plus that it's a 2-person cockpit too. Good stuff...

Check out the Q&A below....

Sep-17-05  

With such a snooty response, they are just asking for more smartass questions.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yea, you could get some air head in the cockpit at mach 3
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Check the questions section to see what somebody offers in Trade

Sep-17-05  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]
How would someone become certified to fly that?

and that will not sell, "hmm, I want an f-16, where to find one??? Thats right EBAY!"

Notice they are selling a Mig 21 for only $225,000....hmm twin engine Piper or Mig 21???
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I would, but I've already got two.  Plus, I'm waiting for the Super Hornet bid on fighterbroker.com.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1.  Question sent
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Depends who buys it.  If you have enough money and enough pull you can buy it and bring it here.  Hell, if you have enough stroke you could even get some freebie hand-me-downs from Uncle Sam, I bet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  Question sent

tag

this should get good.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]
i cant'. mortgage aint paid off on my nuclear sub and i'm tapped out at the bank...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet we could find one cheaper in the EE

Anyone up for a group buy?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#18]
You think an intelligent, informed purchaser would actually rely on eBay's "protection" for the amount of money involved?

And who in their right mind would bid on an aircraft they haven't had inspected by an A&P with specific F-16 qualifications?

Note the other items they have for sale. Helicopter parts, antenna towers, transmission lines, etc.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?
sure it flies fast but gets really shitty gas mileage.
i would worry more about a 1985 ford F-150 panel van with a dirty bomb inside.

Clean bombs also...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#20]
"THIS IS A FILE PHOTO. ACTUAL PHOTOS WILL BE PROVIDED TO APPROVED POTENTIAL BUYERS ONLY."
riiiiiight
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Generally speaking, any private pilot could fly it.   Aircarft with an experimental registration (which a privatly held F-16 would be) do not require the pilot to be liscened in that class of aircraft, it would only preclude them from carrying passengers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Generally speaking, any private pilot could fly it.   Aircarft with an experimental registration (which a privatly held F-16 would be) do not require the pilot to be liscened in that class of aircraft, it would only preclude them from carrying passengers.

Not quite true, you need an LOA (letter of authorization) from the FAA to fly it. Basically you need to demonstrate to a fed that you know what your doing and competent to fly the thing. After that you will also need a waiver EVERY time you fly it. Just because it's experimental doesnt mean that anyone can fly it,  P-51 is an example of this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not quite true, you need an LOA (letter of authorization) from the FAA to fly it. Basically you need to demonstrate to a fed that you know what your doing and competent to fly the thing. After that you will also need a waiver EVERY time you fly it. Just because it's experimental doesnt mean that anyone can fly it,  P-51 is an example of this.

I guess I haven't read up on warbirds enough, but does the waiver always apply or do you get rid of that requirement after a flight test period?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

There was an article in an airplane magazine last year about one or two guys in the US that have Unlimited Letters of Authorization from the FAA. They do flight testing and airworthiness certifications mostly for restored warbirds. Basically, they have a license that says, "If this guy wants to fly it, it's OK with us!" Talk about your dream jobs! Of course, the article went into great detail about the long inspections and preparations these guys go through to get the planes to fly, but it really speaks volumes about their qualities as pilots. One guy was type-certified in something like 1,200 different aircraft!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Actually, if it is one that was NOT built in the US, AND exported,  then it technically CAN be imported subject to a series of stringent requirements, which in simple terms consist of the de-weaponizing of the aircraft.   It would have to be incapable of firing a shot.

I've studied this matter out of curiousity.    As long as it's not a US-made F-16,  it COULD be legally imported.

CJ

Anyone buddy-buddy with a Congressman, I am sure a little piece of legistlation allowing one to buy and import this could be tacked on to one of the many Pork-laden bills.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#27]
FOR SALE or TRADE FOR F-16

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#28]
The picture that they show is that of a "D" model...not an "A" model. Looks to be a block 40 as well...don't quote me on that though. You would think that someone selling a F-16 would have pictures of the actual plane on there...

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I am pretty sure I have seen some (older) privately owned military fighter jets at airshows... neutered of course.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Why would anybody NEED a plane like that?  It was designed for military use, not for civilians.  They should be banned.  

They sell dumbed-down versions for civilians.  They're called Cessnas and Pipers.

Make sure you get the speed waiver, too.  Going above 250 kias below 10,000' is easier than you think!  Hehe, I've done it on more than one occasion.

Edit: Post #400    Woot!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
They have 2 F-16's for sale, and 1 has a bid on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#32]
??? It can be imported into America, you just have to have enough money to be able to jump high enough to get through the hoops.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Why would anybody NEED a plane like that?  It was designed for military use, not for civilians.  They should be banned.  

They sell dumbed-down versions for civilians.  They're called Cessnas and Pipers.

Make sure you get the speed waiver, too.  Going above 250 kias below 10,000' is easier than you think!  Hehe, I've done it on more than one occasion.

It's not a need per say...it's more of a "my plane is faster than yours" thing

-Derek
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Ten to one it's one of the Dutch F-16's that they were trying to sell to ATSI last year....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe the NOPD will buy that will all the federal cash they are going to get...

They'll have great air support for their gun grabbing raids...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Notice they are selling a Mig 21 for only $225,000....hmm twin engine Piper or Mig 21???

That sounds about right.  I've seen them for $120,000.  Got knows what they cost to keep maintained, and MiG-21's are very short ranged, and dont handle very well at subsonic speeds.  Not a lot of utility for a civilian or typical aviation enthusiast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds about right.  I've seen them for $120,000.  Got knows what they cost to keep maintained, and MiG-21's are very short ranged, and dont handle very well at subsonic speeds.  Not a lot of utility for a civilian or typical aviation enthusiast.

Considering they were selling for $10K w/spare engine back in the early 90's, that's quite a profit.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Isn't e-bay anti-gun? Isn't the F-16 basically just a freakishly fast weapons delivery system?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I am pretty sure I have seen some (older) privately owned military fighter jets at airshows... neutered of course.

The owner of Dillion Reloading has a 1950's era jet fighter. There was a show on tv awhile back saying that Dillion was going to make a video of the jet making strafing runs on ground targets.

The .gov  told him it was legal, because the .50 cals were registered and he was flying over his own land. (he has several sq. miles) Never have seen the video for sale.

As for a group buy, there should be enough talented people on the board to keep the beast flying.

Rodent can be the pilot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I know who this guy is, he's HQ'd just down the road.  They have had all kinds of milsurp for sale.

Too bad it's not physically here
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The owner of Dillon Reloading has a 1950's era jet fighter. There was a show on TV awhile back saying that Dillon was going to make a video of the jet making strafing runs on ground targets.

The .gov  told him it was legal, because the .50 cals were registered and he was flying over his own land. (he has several sq. miles) Never have seen the video for sale.

As for a group buy, there should be enough talented people on the board to keep the beast flying.

Rodent can be the pilot.

I saw that

I think it was an episode of Shooting USA or its predecessor American Shooter

Dude has gobs of full autos- I mean gobs!

SAWs, M240, a 4-barreled-anti-aircraft electric mini-gun set-up, more Thompson's, M16s and various other goodies than you could shake a stick at

It was mouth-watering to see those blazing . And he hosts a shoot inthe desert - where all those square miles of his are- at night to treat his friends to some real fun.

Should have seen the host- Jim Scouten. Full grin that wouldn't go away!

F--ing Awesome!!

I guess reloading biz is pretty good, huh?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#42]
So let's say you can afford to buy the F-16 and have it delivered to your local municipal airport...how much do you think it would cost to take it out for a 2 hour drive on the weekend?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I saw that

I think it was an episode of Shooting USA or its predecessor American Shooter

Dude has gobs of full autos- I mean gobs!

SAWs, M240, a 4-barreled-anti-aircraft electric mini-gun set-up, more Thompson's, M16s and various other goodies than you could shake a stick at

It was mouth-watering to see those blazing . And he hosts a shoot inthe desert - where all those square miles of his are- at night to treat his friends to some real fun.

Should have seen the host- Jim Scouten. Full grin that wouldn't go away!

F--ing Awesome!!

I guess reloading biz is pretty good, huh?

You are right it was American Shooter, back when it was TNN not SpikeTV. They had a Bell chopper that they used to carry people and gear out to the property. Yeah I would say the reloading biz must be a break even propisition for Dillon..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Is this an Evil Semiauto Assault Plane???....with a Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 of 23,830 lbs thrust with afterburner, it pretty much fits the age old "More Thrust per squeeze" phrase!!  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#46]
They sold an F-18 that needed major repairs on Ebya.. sounds like it may be legit..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Is this an Evil Semiauto Assault Plane???....with a Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 of 23,830 lbs thrust with afterburner, it pretty much fits the age old "More Thrust per squeeze" phrase!!  

It's actually the F100-PW-220.  Gives you the extra "umph"  

Well, that's what I'd want on it.  Unless they could somehow squeeze a -229 into it.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
So let's say you can afford to buy the F-16 and have it delivered to your local municipal airport...how much do you think it would cost to take it out for a 2 hour drive on the weekend?

That would be just about a full tank of gas, around 1000 gallons, Jet A is around three bucks a gallon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't know if the reloading biz is what pays for Dillon's toys.  He also owns Dillon Aero, maker of mini-guns, etc.  Gov't contractor, which also might explain how he came to have all the full auto toys.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#50]
It's funny how a guy who's selling an F-16 for $14,000,000 also buys basic computer software off Ebay.  Check out his purchase history...

feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=mdlanda
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top