Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:43:28 AM EDT
So what is it worth the companionship of someone you love and care about.  Is it worth your 2nd ammendment rights, is it worth the money that you work hard to bring home every week, is it only worth it if you don't have to work hard or sacrifice for it.  It seems as if in this life we are all trained to find our perfect companion, but is that perfect companion only perfect if you don't have to work to make the relationship work?  So tell me what is it worth is it worth your right to carry or own a gun?  Is it worth selling your personal beliefs over? We all get lonely, and we all need to be around people and I know for a fact that coming home to someone is a nice feeling, but I just can't decide how much it is worth it to me.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#1]
About $5K

real doll dot com!

And they dont talk back either!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#2]

why would being with someone  you love depend on giving up your rights?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen. Can I get a +1!!!  

Quoted:
About $5K

real doll dot com!

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
$5 plus $2.99/minute.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Say if that person said enough no more guns in the house.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't marry your mother.

GM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That begs the question of why are YOU the only one who is giving up something?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Exactly, compromise is the word, not ultimatum. (hope my spelling is OK!)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a felony conviction thing or just a personal belief issue?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't marry your mother.

GM

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't get in a relationship with someone that stupid.  But that's just me.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
In round numbers, about $2.5 mill so far.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
No felony convictions, just is ignorant of something she doesn't understand, and I was unwilling to compromise ubruptly bringing the relationship to an end now I am wondering if I was being unreasonable.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Amen. Can I get a +1!!!  

Quoted:
About $5K

real doll dot com!

I remember reading a post about those things on the forum once. Everyone thought he was a sicko. I have to say it has its advantages.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
No felony convictions, just is ignorant of something she doesn't understand, and I was unwilling to compromise ubruptly bringing the relationship to an end now I am wondering if I was being unreasonable.

Seriouly, Nope it was a good thing.. You need to find some one with compatable hobbies as you. you will be happer in the long run if you do.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Does this woman have a legitimate reason for being afraid of, or disliking weapons?  I'm guessing the answer is no.  Then the answer to your question is NO, she was the unreasonable one.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

if you're talking about a divorce, thanks, I needed some perspective on mine....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#18]
87 dollars per hour plus expenses!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't marry your mother.

GM

HAHAHA !    
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#20]
My wife was a little scared of my guns when we got married, but she knew I had them.  I took her to the range, and she's not afraid of them anymore.  Actually, now she can't imagine living in a house without at least one defensive firearm nearby.  She wants to get one for her car too.  

If she was unwilling to compromise (ie locked up safe when not used or whatever), then she's the unreasonable one.  She can't just expect you to instantly change who you are and drop your interests or hobbies just because she showed up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Find someone who doesn't actually mean "surrender" when they SAY "committment".
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noone I love would ask me to give up my guns.

Maybe the problem is your dating a see you next tuesday?

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

Anyone who expects someone to change for them is a fucking moron.  Either accept people for who the are, or keep looking.

If you give in on this, you will have to give in on a lot more.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No felony convictions, just is ignorant of something she doesn't understand, and I was unwilling to compromise abruptly bringing the relationship to an end now I am wondering if I was being unreasonable.

How many of your principles are you willing to compromise on, then?  And what would be the return value for doing so?  I mean if she wants you to bend on this one, then I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you were getting a comparable return for beding on the monogamy one right?  

Or just don't get involved with people who expect you to compromise like that.

Is she that good in the sack or something?  If so, by all means go with the ol' Simply Irresistable Indiscriminately Hellatious Pounding That Princesses Provide.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Anyone who expects someone to change for them is a fucking moron.  Either accept people for who the are, or keep looking.

I didn't give in.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#27]
There is more to companionship than just physical.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone who expects someone to change for them is a fucking moron. Either accept people for who the are, or keep looking.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  The constant limit-testing gets old real quick, and the way to stop it is to make it clear that you're prepared to end the relationship if you have to.

Early communication that you are not a piece of clay to be sculpted/molded to their liking will save you a lot of later grief.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if you're talking about a divorce, thanks, I needed some perspective on mine....

Nope, sorry. I figure that's what I've spent on 22 years of marriage.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#30]
There's a fair number of things I'm willing to compromise on.  The gun issue is not one of them.  You had them before she showed up, and you'll have them after she's gone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#31]
$1.05......
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You have to ask that question after what ocurred last night?  Do I need to have Kelly revoke your Man Card again?  LOL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Tree Fiddey.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
$1.05......

I thought that was freedom?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think that'd come out during the courtship and would be a non-starter for me...ahhhhh can you say Buuh-Bye?

'Cause if they're anit-gun/2nd amendment, I STRONGLY suspect we would be quite opposites on most if not all political and social issues.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#36]
What does an inflatable doll cost?

Too answer your question though, if it is accompanied by the love and devotion of my wife, or the loyalty of my mutt, it is worth a lot. I remain close to my brother also. Other than that it ain't worth shit since I would prefer that 99.9999% of people leave me the fuck alone.

But choose wisely Grasshopper, that is the key. there are plenty of good women out there, just a proportionately small amount. I did well because I was patient. Had more fun that way also.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
So what is it worth the companionship of someone you love and care about.

The first one was well into six digits , but I learn from my mistakes

Actually Women who make absolute demands like that
are usually using them to compensate for another issue .

An older guy told me a long time ago :

If you want love , get a dog  ... If you want sex , get a hooker .

I didn't believe him at the time , but the older I get , the less tolerant
I become towards unreasonable illogical demands that many women make .
I'm starting to think they need drama in their lives or they’re just not happy

ETA .....

I think that some here may already be rolling the dog and hooker thing into
one ,  by using some kind of livestock

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to ask that question after what ocurred last night?  Do I need to have Kelly revoke your Man Card again?  LOL.

No I am not seriously considering getting back with Sarah.  NOT A CHANCE IN HELL not after last night anyway

I LIKE PIE

I am just wondering what the general Arfcom perspective on what companionship is worth.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Companionship costs me a box of milkbones every week. Sex is much more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#40]
If you want companionship, get a dog.

If you want sex, go to a pro.

I'm not bitter...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I am not seriously considering getting back with Sarah.  NOT A CHANCE IN HELL not after last night anyway

I LIKE PIE

I am just wondering what the general Arfcom perspective on what companionship is worth.  

Sarah? Is her last name Brady or something?

You better clamp your dick-skinners around that man card and not let go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess half my shit
since I was married,
and remain in a
"Community Property" State..

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

+ eleventy billion.

If anyone is even worth being by your side, then they should respect your rights, your lifestyle, and your passions.

I haven't sacrificied ANYTHING to be married to a wonderful woman. In fact, I've gained a few things and hopefully my wife says the same.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#44]
What is companionship worth to you?

Everything but in an odd way.  I "paid" everything to get rid of a loser wife and recovered.  Now I'll do anything to keep the replacement but that's because of our mutual attitude about never trying to force a partner to do something.  She honors and respects my views even if she disagrees.  That makes it easy for me to do the same with her.  We never put a price on our companionship so there is no debt.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:55:51 AM EDT
[#45]
if its genuine, its of the extreme upmost importance.........i have nothing more to add.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top