Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:39:44 AM EDT
Guys,
I'm wondering if these upcoming hurricanes are any cause for concern for me. My wife (to be on Saturday) and I are going to Orlando for our Honeymoon. We're leaving SD on Sunday afternoon, and coming back on Thursday night.
Is this hurricane anything we have to worry about, or do you think it will miss that area. And if it does hit that area, is Orlando inland enough that it won't do anything.
The reason I ask, is because we can cancel the whole trip with Expedia up to 2 days in advance.
I just hate to go, and get evacuated or anything like that.

And please, serious answers only.
Thanks.
Curt
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Orlando should be fine,  the hurricane is supposed to hit way south of Orlando. Enjoy teh honeymoon it is gonna be the end of pie as you know it from here on out.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I would wait until the two day notice, I guess Thursday. The predicted paths are just that, predictions. There is a large margin for error. If they say it's going to hit the keys, it may turn to the north and hit Orlando. The last T/S brushed the coast and all we had in Orlando was clouds and some rain.

I would wait it out another day or two before canceling your trip.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your help Sig and Palmer.
I'd hate to shell out all that money, and get stranded at an airport or something.
I'll keep an eye out for a few days, and maybe post again the middle of the week.

Any one else care to offer input?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If it stays on this path, your good to go.............IF

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top