Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 8:56:26 AM EDT
Okay...  I've been gone most of the summer at military training and to top that off, I've been really busy with school.  So when my brother in law told me yesterday that he heard that AK clones were no longer legal to import, I didn't know if it was the truth or unsubstantiated rumor.

comment?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#1]
The ATF in its infinite wisdom suddenly decided that the importation of parts kits is illegal, immoral, and will cause scoliosis, gout, and intestinal blockages.

www.atf.gov/firearms/071305openletter.htm
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Namly the importation of "Barrels"

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Crap

Now I won't be able to get one...

ETA, not without spending a schload of money
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Crap

Now I won't be able to get one...

ETA, not without spending a schload of money

*Rude noise*

Won't be long before somebody gets some good barrels made...

Hell, they might even shoot minute of barn.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I sure hope so - and still under $400.00 I hope. (for a complete rifle)
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Ban on non sporting barrels. Look for poor quality, non chrome lined, over priced, US made AK barrels in the future.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll sell you my WASR-10 Hi-Cap for $1,500.  Its a "Rare Collectable".

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I couldn't possibly cheat you out of it for $1500. Will you take $3000?

I'm thinking I might be able to take out an equity loan on that bridge levee I just bought in NOLA to pay for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking I might be able to take out an equity loan on that bridge levee I just bought in NOLA to pay for it.

$3000 sounds more fair.  I already have three levvees in NOLA.  Painted in MARPAT so that hurricains can't see them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$3000 sounds more fair.  I already have three levvees in NOLA.  Painted in MARPAT so that hurricains can't see them.

I just found out my banker will only give me $2000 on an equity loan...

However, I just ordered a whole ton of MARPAT tinfoil that I was going to cover mine with. MARPAT paint may hide them from GWB's all seeing eye, but it certainly won't block the signals from the HHM® (Haliburton Hurrican Machine).

I've got some extra, plus a huge stash of Heineken that I'd be willing to give in trade to make up for the other $1000.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just found out my banker will only give me $2000 on an equity loan...

However, I just ordered a whole ton of MARPAT tinfoil that I was going to cover mine with. MARPAT paint may hide them from GWB's all seeing eye, but it certainly won't block the signals from the HHM® (Haliburton Hurrican Machine).

I've got some extra, plus a huge stash of Heineken that I'd be willing to give in trade to make up for the other $1000.

Only if the Heineken is delivered by AROCK and sgtar15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top