Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 7:04:04 AM EDT
...and Mrs gorilla is asleep, my brother is at work, Dad's cell phone is off, and I just had to tell somebody!

Christ, it's not my first pistol, my first .45, or even my first 1911, but I still feel like a ten year old trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.

Here she is:

I'm so fucking tickled right now that I could just
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had the same feeling most recently when I bought my own first 1911 (Springfield TRP Operator, which kicks ass btw). Hell I felt the same way waiting for my new Milt Sparks VersaMax 2 holster for my 1911 to arrive. For the record, UPS sucks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a real beauty!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the exact same one, it is a very fine pistol.  Good fit, accurate, but needs trigger work.  I like about a 4 pound trigger and it's about 5.5 lbs.  Also might want to replace the screw-in guide rod with a GI or a 1 piece.  MJD
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I really want a springer loaded operator!!! Gonna start a savings fund cause them rascals are pricy!

I'm jealous, by the way! Enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I never get tired of looking at pictures of a great looking 1911. Congratulation on that purchase.

Do you plan on carrying it, and if so, what's the rig setup going to be?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the exact same one, it is a very fine pistol.  Good fit, accurate, but needs trigger work.  I like about a 4 pound trigger and it's about 5.5 lbs.  Also might want to replace the screw-in guide rod with a GI or a 1 piece.  MJD

Arrangements have already been made for trigger job, as well as replacement of the standard "need replacing" parts.

Do you plan on carrying it, and if so, what's the rig setup going to be?

Except for my 22's, all my pistols are carry guns.

I hope to leave the grips on it, unless they just feel like shit to me. A Milt Sparks Versa Max II will probably be the route I go, but I need to get off my ass and order it now.

Any suggestions for anybody stocking VMII's? I heard Sparks has a 8-12 week lead time right now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice choice, same as my main carry gun
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're willing to pay a little more than you would direct from Milt Sparks you can order from Lightning Arms Sports.  The have a banner ad at www.1911forum.com.  They're good people.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top