Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 6:13:29 PM EDT
I stop to get fuel at a little town in Oklahoma this weekend while looking for some plumbing stuff.

There is a State Trooper there so I go up and ask for directions. He was not sure where we needed to go, so he makes a call, gives us directions and everything went great.

Since it was obvious we were tourists, he asked where we were from. We say Texas, but we have a deer lease in a little town in south Ok.

He says.......I swear......."You had better take your guns with you EVERYWHERE you go in that place!" How cool is that???

Overall he was a super cool and helpful guy......but I bet he could kill the hell out of a dog if he needed to.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I stop to get fuel at a little town in Oklahoma this weekend while looking for some plumbing stuff.

There is a State Trooper there so I go up and ask for directions. He was not sure where we needed to go, so he makes a call, gives us directions and everything went great.

Since it was obvious we were tourists, he asked where we were from. We say Texas, but we have a deer lease in a little town in south Ok.

He says.......I swear......."You had better take your guns with you EVERYWHERE you go in that place!" How cool is that???

Overall he was a super cool and helpful guy......but I bet he could kill the hell out of a dog if he needed to.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

errrr, I meant

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Hm, sounds like that little town might have a meth problem...

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen AK bears
even from a far far distance they're big
I'd make sure I had a gun
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is Alaska, things are a bit different.
Guy in my unit was out on his 4 wheeler and got pulled over by a game warden.
Warden asks, "Where is your firearm?"
Guy said he didn't have it with him.
Warden told him to go home and get it.

Sounds like a lot of us G.W.'s in Georgia, too!

GR
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The way it should be....
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
A CCW required handgun safety class instructor told us.  "If you have a CCW permit, you have an OBLIGATION to carry your gun at all times."
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Wish I liked the cold weather.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like a lot of us G.W.'s in Georgia, too!

GR

Greenranger, it would be odd if I did not see a firearm when I was a GW. usualy had to look around you would find it.
I think everone should have more than one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]
man i live in ga and spend time in the woods. i have never seen  a griz. but i guess i need to go get me that 454 alaskan revolver ruger just came out with..
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
man i live in ga and spend time in the woods. i have never seen  a griz. but i guess i need to go get me that 454 alaskan revolver ruger just came out with..

If you see a grizzly in the Georgia woods........please call me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top