Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 8:53:05 PM EDT
I have seen one for sale at a recent gunshow in NIB condition. I have the guys buis. card and I need to know how well it is made and how well it stands up to Glocks, Delta-Elites.. etc

I love how it feels in my hand and the look of it is very appealing.  It would be a range gun only.

I would love to add a 10mm to my collection.

Thanks for any advice :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a solid gun, well able to handle the 10mm. (maybe not 100mm though [;)] )  I found them to be a bit big and bulky for my tastes. Trigger was a bit long and stacky as well, but I am not a fan of double/single action pistols. If it works for ya though, I couln't think of a reason not to buy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't unless it was a really smokin' deal.

Most guns, except Glocks, won't hold up to a steady diet of 10mm.

The only Star I'd be interested in is a Firestar and if the price was dirt cheap.  Stars generally speaking have an inferior rep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
Most guns, except Glocks, won't hold up to a steady diet of 10mm.
Stars generally speaking have an inferior rep.
View Quote

I don't know about the Megastar, but I have a 9mm Nato carbon steel Star Model 30(an aluminum frame was also available), which is somewhat similar to a Baretta 92F.  I have put thru thousands of 9mm to and not a problem.

Quoted:
how well it stands up to Glocks, Delta-Elites.. etc
View Quote

My buddy owns a firing range, and his rental Colt 10mm Delta Elited lasted about 5,000 rounds of factory tens before the frame cracked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top