Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 4:45:34 PM EDT
The recent talk of corrosive ammo and such has me a little nervous, and a whole bunch wanting to improve my knowledge.  I also want to start reloading, so I come to y'all with a dumb question I am hoping you will be patient to answer.

Look at this ammo here:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_7_62x39.html

Home | AimSurplus Catalog  > Ammunition  >  7.62x39

A762x39YS Yugoslavian 7.62x39 FMJ on Stripper Clips

Item#A762x39YS
AIM exclusive purchase of the most Popular Surplus 7.62x39 ammunition! Super Bright, clean Brass case ammo manufactured in the 1970's, hermetically sealed insuring it to be "Factory Fresh" today.
Features a Non-Magnetic Jacketed Lead Core Bullet!
Packaged 10rds/stipper clip, 40rds/box, 1,120rds/sealed metal can inside a hinged wooden crate.

40rd box:   $5.50
A762x39YS Yugoslavian 7.62x39 FMJ on Stripper Clips

A762x39YS Yugoslavian 7.62x39 FMJ on Stripper Clips 1,120rd Case (28 boxes)

Item#A762x39YS
Same ammunition as above. Packaged 10rds/stipper clip, 40rds/box, 1,120rds/sealed metal can inside a hinged wooden crate.

1,120rd case:   $138.60
A762x39YS Yugoslavian 7.62x39 FMJ on Stripper Clips 1,120rd Case (28 boxes)

A762x39Yugo Yugoslavian 7.62x39 FMJ

Item#A762x39Yugo
AIM exclusive purchase of the most Popular Surplus 7.62x39 ammunition! Super Bright, clean Brass case ammo manufactured in the 1970's, hermetically sealed insuring it to be "Factory Fresh" today.
Features a Non-Magnetic Jacketed Lead Core Bullet!
Packaged 15rds/box, 1,260rds/sealed metal can inside a hinged wooden crate.  

Question 1:  is this non-corrosive ammo that will not hurt my AK or SKS?  If it is corrosive, will the Windex with ammonia offset the cheap price?

2:  Is it fairly reliable and accurate?  Not for competition or anything, but even plinking I'd like to hit where the sights say it is going to go.

3:  Can I reload it for better accuracy once I learn how?  It looks like real brass to me, but I trust y'all know way more than I do about this stuff, so I'll take your word for it.

Thank you all in advance!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yugo ammo is corrosive

Templar on the darkside says Yugo ammo is good stuff, though-reliable and accurate.

Most people around here will say why bother reloading when cheap ammo is available.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost certainly Berdan primed and not worth reloading
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top