Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:51:23 PM EDT
Do you guys ever get depressed because you miss your ex girlfriend and beleive it was your fault you screwed everything up and led to  yourself being miserable since you weren't there to protect her when she needed it the most?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?

Your parameters are pretty specific.

I miss ex girlfriends and all, sure, but......

We need the backstory.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hrmmmmmmmmmmm

Kind of.. but, I was always there for her (atleast I thought I was..)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Dr. Laura will be back on the air tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
No. I married my one and only GF.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
No.

But sometimes I think about some of them in various positions and reminisce...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I miss one of them but tha was years back
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Just curious.

[Freud]Hrmmm, there seems to be a problem here... son....[/Freud]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to miss them often, then I learned how to dope the wind.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I used to miss them often, then I learned how to dope the wind.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#12]
No
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No.

+1  Just memories of good sack time.  Otherwise, glad they're no longer in my airspace.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, I've missed them, but, my aim's improving...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#15]
nope. Happy with who I have now. Don't miss the ex. either.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
No.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I think back to the most significant one (4yr relationship for 1yr HS, 3yrs college, ended two years ago) about twice a month, have a moment of regret that things didnt turn out better, and then laugh when I realize my path turned out almost the best way possible.

She's still in college trying to get her nursing degree at the community college, living in a low-rent apartment and seems to be hating her life from what I hear.

I graduated on-time from a Top 10 school for my major, found a great job, bought my own house 10 months after graduation and am now loving life.

All you can do is instead of thinking about the good times together, think about all the things that contributed to the break-up (and realize it was good you two split), and think about how your life is better now than it was before.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I was missing a really cool girl I used to date but never got that serious with.  She keeps a LiveJournal though and has for over three years, it was kind of neat to read through and see what she's been up to.  She seems to be in a pretty serious relationship with some German lawyer, she'll probably get married to him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'll add that one to my list of retorts
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#20]
only when I jerk off
seriously, no. I had fun at the time. but looking back Im glad I didnt marry any of them
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll substitute in the term ex-wife.

I miss the relationship I had with my ex-wife before she became mentally ill.  We had great fun.

Sometimes I wonder if I could've done more to help her.  I visited with her shrink at Wilford Hall once a month so he could coach me on how to handle her manic and depression stages.

We went through 5 years of hell.  Most wouldn't believe it if I told you the stories.

Best advice he gave me was 'don't take her words personal.'  After she moved out and was found OD'd (she recovered) in her front yard, he contacted me and gave me the 'you've done everything you could possibly do and now it's time to let her go' speech.

Sometimes I wonder if I've gotten over that.

She got the dogs too - that really bothered me also.

Long story deleted...

EDIT:  But I certainly don't sit around and mope about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I do but  you cant sit around and want something.  It'll never come.  They always say "Always follow your dreams"    screw that   get in front of them and take control.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Sometimes, when I get realy horny.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Miss ......  No

Regret not giving one a chance ...... yes

That one in particular , was unfortunately included
in the group of conquests right after my divorce .

I even ran into her recently and apologized for my actions
at the time . I knew full well that I had hurt her for no good
reason , and that my apology though sincere , was too little
too late ....

I can only chalk it up to a lesson learned and do my best
to remember it , when and if I run across another like her

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I miss my High School GF.

All the others since have been no big loss.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I miss the relationship I had with my ex-wife before she became mentally ill.  We had great fun.

Sometimes I wonder if I could've done more to help her.  I visited with her shrink at Wilford Hall once a month so he could coach me on how to handle her manic and depression stages.

We went through 5 years of hell.  Most wouldn't believe it if I told you the stories.

I've treated medical problems in patients with bipolar disorder so I'd believe the stories.  The sad part is that the person can often be completely normal and then one day things fall apart.  If it happens in their late 20's then they often already have a family/kids.  There is only so much you can do.

As far as missing an ex, nope.  They are an ex for a reason.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#27]
He lied, jerked me around and probably cheated on me.  He told me he loved me to try and get me in the sack.  When it didn't work, he moved to another state without telling me.

In other words, no.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Do you guys ever get depressed because you miss your ex girlfriend and beleive it was your fault you screwed everything up and led to  yourself being miserable since you weren't there to protect her when she needed it the most?

Yeah, I think it happens to all of us.  Best thing to do...you learn, you find another girl, preferably one with very little drama/issues, and you move on with your love life.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I miss one that was almost a perfect match, sexually, intellectually, and sense of humor.

Then she departed this reality for one of her own creation.

IIRC, she's married and living in OK/TX region... haven't heard from her in almost 11 years.

I miss what we had, and who she was, but not what / who she became. .. and I didn't let the "what if" get in the way of marrying my wife; good thing as we have a lovely baby daughter.

Sometimes you just gotta drive on. All roads lead to somewhere, even if they're not on the map you drew out.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
No.

+a whole damn bunch
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:44:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I sometimes miss my first fiancee.  She was demure, quiet, stubborn and a complete knockout in the sack. And her family despised me and looking back, I see that if we had gotten married, divorce would be certain by now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Only when my sights are out of whack.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's one for ya.....my ex girlfriend was the maid of honor at my wedding because I dated her best friend after she dumped me and now I'm married to her.

It sounds worse than it really is, but it's true. My ex and I didn't speak for a few months after she dumped me.....well, she tried to talk to me a few times but I just ignored her. Then when I started dating her best friend we made up and became friends again.

Now we all get along and I am happily married.........we still hang out with my ex when she's in town.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, but then i put it in reverse and have another go at her. I figure she can't dodge twice.

Seriously, though, yeah sometimes. Then I remember they were also psychos and that usually keeps me from getting too worked up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife is such a good spouse I know she's better than all the rest.

However, sometimes I wonder where the old GFs are and how they are doing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#36]
The only thing I could possibly miss was the good times. After what she did, it can not be possible to miss the person.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#37]
The only thing I miss about any of my ex girlfriends is their bodies and the sex. All were different and had one special sexual something that no other brought to the table... Aside from that, no I don't miss or regret anything. That is why they are "ex's" after all!

The wife; total package, thus the "wife" part!

ETA: One of my ex's is in Federal Prison... Don't regret getting out of that relationship! (Short story = meth in case anyone was curious.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]

I miss things about each one I have known along the way.
One or two I would like to meet again, just to see how they are.

Sometimes I look back and wonder what if, sure.

I really believe though, the following 2 things:

Things work out the way they do for a reason

From my perspective, ,God sure can have what seems to be a warped sense of humor.

Hang in there, man.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Lord, no. They're ex girlfriends for a reason.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:44:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The only thing I could possibly miss was the good times. After what she did, it can not be possible to miss the person.

So you moved onto better things.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Lord, no. They're ex girlfriends for a reason.

Yeah, you don't really miss them. You miss what you wish they were or what you thought they were.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I dont miss any of them.............especially the ex wife...........after what she put me through, I miss her about as much as someone might miss the clap.............what I have now is far and away superior to what I thought I had in the past
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Well, I just screwed it all up......that's all.  The only thing she needed protecting from was my stupidity.

Hmmmm, I should read this whole thread......
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#44]
I miss a couple because they had super nifty oral skills, or other sexual skills.  DO I miss being with them for more than that? Hell No.   Bunch of freakign psychos
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#45]
yeah I do just one though, I am with somone else now, however the ex is wanting to get back together. I have to remind myself every day that she cheated on me and I am better off without her, it is hard though because out of them all she was somone I really loved, oh well greener pastures ahead.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I miss them like I miss having migrains
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Damnit, between this and the are u happy thread, AR15.com got way too soft tonight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I miss some of the SKILLS a few of them had...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Do you guys ever miss your ex girlfriends?

Nope.......I'm too good a shot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top