Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 10:12:15 AM EDT
My son is a junior in a school in central NJ and is looking to start a "support the troops" club there. Does anyone know of any groups that would help with the start-up of such an organization. I've looked around at different sites but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the orgs out there and does anyone have recommendations specifically for schools.

Thanks

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for the night crew

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhhh, tell him to join ROTC.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Uhhh, tell him to join ROTC.

He's looking to join the NROTC in college. No ROTC at the high school he's at. He will be joining the CAP though. Still...how will joining the ROTC help form a support the troops club at the high school? Do high school ROTC's routinely run support the troop drives? Just asking, cause I have no clue.

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My son is a junior in a school in central NJ and is looking to start a "support the troops" club there. Does anyone know of any groups that would help with the start-up of such an organization. I've looked around at different sites but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the orgs out there and does anyone have recommendations specifically for schools.

Thanks

WBK

Which town are you guys from? I'm from central NJ also
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Allentown - I guess thats central NJ

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks

WBK

I tried to do this last year thorughthe school and they said I couldn't becuase they weren't allowing nay new clubs that year. three weeks later, two new clubs sprang up.

ETA: Did I mention they allow a Gay club and a Muslim club?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

WBK

I tried to do this last year thorughthe school and they said I couldn't becuase they weren't allowing nay new clubs that year. three weeks later, two new clubs sprang up.

ETA: Did I mention they allow a Gay club and a Muslim club?

I think this would fly here. Pretty conservative (the only Red county in the state!), and I think He's already asked about it at the school and they were OK (as far as I get communicating with a 15 year old!).

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
See if the guys at MySoldier.com can help you out. Their kits cost money, but if your kid lets him know he's a high school student i'm sure they could set you up. The guy who started it, Sgt Salas, is currenly an ROTC cadet at Manhattanville college.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See if the guys at MySoldier.com can help you out. Their kits cost money, but if your kid lets him know he's a high school student i'm sure they could set you up. The guy who started it, Sgt Salas, is currenly an ROTC cadet at Manhattanville college.

Thanks mmx1! Great website. I'll see about him getting in touch with them!

WBK
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WBK

Cool. I'm from West Windsor.

Good luck with the club
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WBK

Cool. I'm from West Windsor.

Good luck with the club

He's tryin...where do you shoot?....Citizens...I'm a member of Central Jersey Rifle

WBK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top