Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2005 9:25:04 AM EDT
From an ongoing series...

Ever since the religion of Islam appeared in the world, the espousers of it...have been as wolves and tigers to all other nations, rending and tearing all that fell into their merciless paws, and grinding them with their iron teeth; that numberless cities are raised from the foundation, and only their name remaining; that many countries, which were once as the garden of God, are now a desolate wilderness; and that so many once numerous and powerful nations are vanished from the earth! Such was, and is at this day, the rage, the fury, the revenge, of these destroyers of human kind.

The Doctrine of Original Sin, Works (1841), ix. 205.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep up the good work brother.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#2]
John Wesley was a real man of God.  Read his biography sometime.  He tells it like it is, too, without that PC nonsense.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ever since the religion of Islam appeared in the world, the espousers of it...have been as wolves and tigers to all other nations, rending and tearing all that fell into their merciless paws, and grinding them with their iron teeth; that numberless cities are raised from the foundation, and only their name remaining; that many countries, which were once as the garden of God, are now a desolate wilderness; and that so many once numerous and powerful nations are vanished from the earth! Such was, and is at this day, the rage, the fury, the revenge, of these destroyers of human kind.

Methodist here, What series? I would like to see or read that. When the fuck are people gonna learn their fucking history??
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Old John always had a way with words.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Methodist here, What series? I would like to see or read that. When the fuck are people gonna learn their fucking history??

Is it just me or does something not mesh here?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  It's just t-stox.

He thinks that by adding lots of ugly words to his opinions, it somehow makes them more powerful.

As you can see, he is mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What Winston Churchill had to say about the true nature of Islam

What Alexis de Tocqueville had to say about the true nature of Islam

What John Quincy Adams had to say about the true nature of Islam

What Bertrand Russell had to say about the true nature of Islam
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  It's just t-stox.

He thinks that by adding lots of ugly words to his opinions, it somehow makes them more powerful.

As you can see, he is mistaken.

OP,

After I became a christian I heard a quote that added to the sanctification of my tongue:

"Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcefully"

It has always stuck w/ me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]
No doubt, Wesley and Churchill are spot on.

Question is: What are we going to be able to do about it?  What less than wiping out entire nations will ever remove the scourge of Islam from the face of this earth?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Enlighten them to democracy, teach the women that they do not have to walk around with their face covered, destroy the madras schools that teach hatred of America, jail or deport the mullahs that preach jihad against the West, encourage literacy, etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Sadly, John Wesley would be ashamed of what the modern Methodist Church has become.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#12]
hey hey dont diss the methodists, now. they are still a very good church and i myself am a proud methodist. i must represent!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hey hey dont diss the methodists, now. they are still a very good church and i myself am a proud methodist. i must represent!

I'm a Methodist too, but probably not for much longer. In fact, I'm a member of one of the oldest congregations, directly founded out of the original Lovely Lane church in Baltimore.  My family has been Methodist for many generations, and one grandfather and several other ancestors were pastors.  They have become a PC tithe gathering machine as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a Methodist too, but probably not for much longer. In fact, I'm a member of one of the oldest congregations, directly founded out of the original Lovely Lane church in Baltimore.  My family has been Methodist for many generations, and one grandfather and several other ancestors were pastors.  They have become a PC tithe gathering machine as far as I'm concerned.

I can't stand the "Share the journey" whatever your belief system or lifestyle BS.  Wesley would not even recognize it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, there's always room for another Pentecostal!!!!  C'mon over!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Not to worry folks. The Islamic world is going through another round of azz-kicking as we speak. We're giving them more reasons to be humiliated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top