Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 6:46:28 AM EDT
The people here who have known me for some time may remember the posts I've made bitching about how I can't get a job.

Well, I been HIRED, mofos! And at Gannett, no less!

The problem? It's a telemarketing job. I'll be calling active and retired military during dinnertime, selling subscriptions to the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps Times.

I sold my soul for $9/hr plus bennies.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:49:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The people here who have known me for some time may remember the posts I've made bitching about how I can't get a job.

The problem? It's a telemarketing job. I'll be calling active and retired military during dinnertime, selling subscriptions to the Army/Navy/Air Force/Marine Corps Times.

How will we know if its you calling?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats!  we all sell our souls at one time or another
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You sold your soul for a telemarketing job? I need to photoshop something special for this occasion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You sold your soul for a telemarketing job? I need to photoshop something special for this occasion.

Yeah, somehting involving sado-masochism and a telephone
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, somehting involving sado-masochism and a telephone

It's going to be tough. i am searching goolgle as we speak.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#7]
National Do Not Call Registry  

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE
NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free. Your registration will be effective for five years.

www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx  

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats on the exciting new job.  Just think of all the new fun words you'll learn.    I try to be a polite person most of the time, but talking to telemarketers is one of my exceptions.  I don't feel obligated in the least to be nice to someone who bothers me at home to sell their wares.  I am on the no-call list so if you call my number you will get both barrels.  Nothing personal and sorry in advance!  Seriously, good luck!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]
You could make alot more than that as a prostitute and you wouldn't have to fuck as many people.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats, but don't take it personally if you get a dial tone in the middle of your sentence (if i answer at all).

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#15]
we sold our souls for rock 'n' roll
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
At least you are not tellemarketing for the New York Times or some other shit subscription.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You tards called me the other night for this very same thing. Why would I want a subscription, when I can go to the BX and get it when I want a copy?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]
God....I'm sorry if you call me. I promise Im an avid reader all ready. I have a vending machine less than 20 meters from where Im sitting writing this.

I promise Ill give you an improptu vocabulary lesson :-P
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Can you get them to stop the anti-military spin and BS?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#21]
If you call a retired guy, and something very strange happens because you don't answer within 2 seconds of the guy saying, "Hello?",  post what happened here.

Really.

Seriously. congrats on getting a new job.

I got laid off last Friday.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top