Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 4:24:09 AM EDT
I have been bothered by the fact that matell has stopped making the track sets. The ones where you got the track pieces and made your own.
Now all they market is the big sets that are part of another set that alll has to be connected together.
Then they don't stay put together the joints come apart when the car hit them for the 1st time.
My son has gotten some of these as presents and now they are all apart in the basement. At least witht eh old tracks they could be taken apart and put in a box that wasn't the size of a small refridgerator.
All I can find for the original ones in at ebay and then it gats to be a sniping war at the end and I just can't afford to play their games like that.
Rant off, don't really feel any better but I just had to say it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Life's a Bitch.

Get into RC cars instead.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My mom beat me with one of those pieces of track once.... Hurt worse than the belt.  sumbitch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My mom beat me with one of those pieces of track once.... Hurt worse than the belt.  sumbitch.

I hear ya!!  Been there too.

As for the tracks, they piss me off.  Got them for my son and grandson, bunch of crap!  The ones I had as a kid worked just like the commercials!! The new ones you sure would have a hard time swinging them at a kid!!  j/k of course.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hot wheels, oh not the ones they sell out a wharehouse in the ghetto.

I used to have some of those track parts, think I got rid of them though
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah for me, it was either the piece of Hot Wheels orange track, or go get a "switch" from the alley...

I wised up after a few times, and hid the track from mom, and got rid of the thick switches from the alley... Mysteriously, they reappeared down the alley behind the boys I didn't like.

(switches were a common form of discipline growing up in my old neighbourhood...)

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Don'know bout the tracks ... But Wally-world is selling out the 2005 models in 2 packs.

2 2 packs of cars for $2.

Stock up for the nephews.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top