Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 11:29:33 PM EDT
I think it kicked ass!

It wasnt anti-gun as most arfcommers said it would be. Now that dear wendy movie is in a different category(its on bittorrent). It never targets private gun owners, just illegal gun dealing, which we as gun owners obviously dont agree with. There is some drug use in the movie, but that is done by the gun runners. Again, this has nothing to do with private gun ownership. It was a really good movie. EVERY Arfcommer should see it, as far as guns were involved in the movie, it was pretty accurate.

The most anti-gun it got was when the question "do you want the armor piercing bullets with that?" But even that didnt really jump out. This was a pretty decent movie overall.

Even the hit-home factor didnt get into private ownership.(referring to his wife)-I wont say anything to spoil it, but those that have seen it will understand what this means.

Definately go see this movie!

ALSO: In the previews, they had one for the movie Jarhead that is coming out. In the beginning of that preview, when the main character(forget his name) is in the desert crouching with his M16A2, there is a close-up on him holding his rifle. Its not a real M16! Notice the selector markings on the lower receiver- it is labeled "Safe" and "Fire" ! They must have cheaped out and used AR15's for the movie. I usually look for the auto sear pin when i see M16s in movies, and when i didnt see it i looked at the selector markings and there was no "burst" or "auto". Just something i noticed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I didnt like the allusions to GW stealing the election at one point, or the claim that bushs "prints" were on the deals in it. Seemed to be jammed in for poor political reasons other than that good, except for 7.62x39 doesnt come in loose cases like that it comes in sardine cans! and that is not how bullets are made!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
tag

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didnt like the allusions to GW stealing the election at one point, or the claim that bushs "prints" were on the deals in it. Seemed to be jammed in for poor political reasons other than that good, except for 7.62x39 doesnt come in loose cases like that it comes in sardine cans! and that is not how bullets are made!!

Thats true....I guess I tend not to listen to much when they talk politics in movies.

At least they had an honest representation of the ATF, when they called a 7.62*39 round, a sub-machine gun round lol. I think he added "Sub" onto machine gun, because "Machine Gun" doesnt scare people as much as it used to....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top