Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 8:33:55 PM EDT
A while back someone gave me a link to either a website or software that would snipe ebay auctions for you.

Anyone have a link to such a thing?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
auctionsniper.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
auctionsniper.com

That's the one I find with google.

Anyone here actually used them?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Do NOT use iSnipeIt.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Screw you!

(Got sniped a while back on a planned present for my girlfriend.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Screw you!

Did the person who got you use auctionsniper.com?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Screw you!

Wasn't a well planned present now was it?

SBG
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Might have had a chance, probably wasn't sniped per-say, but the auction had no bids at all with five minutes left, I bid the minimum, came back five minutes later to find myself outbid with two minutes left.  The more I think about it, I think the seller outbid me with a second account so he wouldn't have to sell for minimum price.  Jerk.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#8]
bidnapper
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Might have had a chance, probably wasn't sniped per-say, but the auction had no bids at all with five minutes left, I bid the minimum, came back five minutes later to find myself outbid with two minutes left.  The more I think about it, I think the seller outbid me with a second account so he wouldn't have to sell for minimum price.  Jerk.

Wouldn't surprise me.

vmax84

Or, he just had a buddy bid it up for him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I have never used an autosniping program, but with any item that I am interested in on eBay, I don't bid until the very last second. I have the timing down very well; my bids usually go in with about 5 seconds left in the auction.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I've used it, back when I actually shopped on ebay. For the most part if you set it up  right you will get about 95%. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have never used an autosniping program, but with any item that I am interested in on eBay, I don't bid until the very last second. I have the timing down very well; my bids usually go in with about 5 seconds left in the auction.

That's just the way life is in the internet auction world. The starting bid and the current high bid are completely irrelevant- Either learn to accept that fact, or don't participate. Every sniper has his maximum price, and wins or loses the auction accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just the way life is in the internet auction world. The starting bid and the current high bid are completely irrelevant- Either learn to accept that fact, or don't participate. Every sniper has his maximum price, and wins or loses the auction accordingly.

Very true, a lot of the items I bid on usually went over the price I could have ordered off an internet sight anyway. I quickly determined online bidding was not for me. The items I won, I only saved a couple bucks anyway.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely. The high bid wins. You want it, make the highest bid. Doesn't matter if you make that high bid in the first or last second of the auction.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#16]
esnipe

Used it a few times with great success.  Set your buffer time to 4 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
a lot of the items I bid on usually went over the price I could have ordered off an internet sight anyway. I quickly determined online bidding was not for me. The items I won, I only saved a couple bucks anyway.

If you can learn to ignore the initial asking price and concentrate purely on what you're willing to pay (and not be dissapointed if you're out-bid), online bidding can be a godsend. In particular, items that are either used, surplus or are so specialized as to have an insignificant demand in the free market can often be had for excellent prices.

That's the true genius of ebay (and its immitators): It sells items that would otherwise be thrown away to people who would otherwise not be able to find what they need locally. Its ability to hook up buyers and sellers of obscure items is one of the most powerful, useful tools in the entire internet universe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
*cocking sounds*

tagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertagtagtagtracertracertracer*CLICK*
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#19]
If something is still at a low price and I want it I will wait until at the most 1 min is left before I bid.  I just leave myself enough time to up my max bid if I decide I want to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top