Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:37:48 PM EDT
For those that don't know, there is a national election in Germany tomorrow.  The polls are showing a dead heat between the candidates.  What I find interesting is the challenger, someone who was supposed to have no chance 6 months ago, is running on a platform that would bring Germany closer to the US and start to mirror some of our economic policies.  We all know that Schroeder has done nothing but berate the US since the Iraq war.

Here is what I find interesting.  The media and the left would have you believe that we are a rogue nation who is alienating the rest of the world.  Since the Iraq War, however, some of our strongest allies have been reelected by their people.  John Howard in Australia and Tony Blair in England were reelected and now a veritable unknown candidate running on a "Pro-US" platform may just win in Germany.   Not to mention the fact that our own President was reelected in our country.  

I think it just shows how out of touch the media and the left are.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
This is all Carl Rove's doing!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If Merkel wins the election tomorrow the left wingers throughout Europe will be stunned as this will refute everything they stand for.   I'll be rather stunned myself, I thought Europe was too far gone for any kind of move back toward sanity.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For those that don't know, there is a national election in Germany tomorrow.  The polls are showing a dead heat between the candidates.   What I find interesting is the challenger, someone who was supposed to have no chance 6 months ago, is running on a platform that would bring Germany closer to the US and start to mirror some of our economic policies.  We all know that Schroeder has done nothing but berate the US since the Iraq war.

Here is what I find interesting.  The media and the left would have you believe that we are a rogue nation who is alienating the rest of the world.  Since the Iraq War, however, some of our strongest allies have been reelected by their people.  John Howard in Australia and Tony Blair in England were reelected and now a veritable unknown candidate running on a "Pro-US" platform may just win in Germany.   Not to mention the fact that our own President was reelected in our country.  

I think it just shows how out of touch the media and the left are.  

According to NPR today, the polls show the challenger significantly ahead of Shroeder.

I hope that Anti-American asshole goes down big time!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Screw polls, I'll wait until the results are in.

[DUh] but but but.. the exit polls said we were winning!! [/DUh]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top