Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:40:12 PM EDT
PURELY HYPOTHETICAL as of course as nobody here would do or suggest anything illegal.

But for purposes of an academic discussion suppose you have a list of about a dozen or so home addresses and vehicles (make, model and plate) discretely collected over the past 6 months of individuals who played car stereos at all hours of the day or night so loud that they were heard inside YOUR home over the AC from distances of one and two blocks away.

Assume all of them have had the benefit of ONE COMPLAINT PHONE CALL to the local police made from the local 7-11 and continued to be an annoyance on more than one occassion following that incident.

Assume the last information regarding address & vehicle was collected over 2 months ago. So hypothetically enough time would have passed to reasonably prevent anyone from making a connection as they will have annoyed dozens of individuals in that 2 month time period.

What would you do with the information to express the idea of "Can you please turn it down?" to the residents of those homes?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Well....hypothetically.....it would be a shame if all those cars had a spring loaded center punch pushed against all their windows.....hypothetically of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Explosives.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hypothetically?

Supersoaker and brake fluid, driveby style.

Or, for something a little more hardcore, a soup can of thermite on their car hood.

Purely hypothetically, of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Hypothetically speaking, it would be a bugger if a bunch of cars had water and sugar dumped in their tanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys....explosives and shattered windows would be LOUD.

Not a good way to covertly send a message to a dozen or so people without getting caught.

And most cars these days have gas tank doors that can only be opened from inside the car or locking caps.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hypothetically?

Or, for something a little more hardcore, a soup can of thermite on their car hood.

you're a man after my own heart... Toss in the explosives and we're set!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Not gonna discuss it here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You ever seen what pieces of the little ceramic part of a spark plug does to a car window?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You know, if you took small plastic film cannisters, put an alka-seltzer tab inside along with a small dab of shaving cream and a drop or three of water, then shook it up and tossed into the vehicle, theoretically it could make a nasty mess.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I would put a .45 through the subwoofer, amp and head unit.

Hypothetically.

[/wakes from pleasant dream]

I guy can wish, can't he?  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Red food coloring on maxi-pads....then tape the maxi-pads to the door handels.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought you had a pit in your basement?  Put it to use!

"It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose...."
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I realize that even speaking "hypothetically" this wouldn't EXACTLY be "revenge" - however, IMO, it still applies.

"Revenge is a dish best served COLD."

I, hypothetically would NEVER plan a hypothetical covert action in less than 6 months.

Let me think on it. If anything comes to mind, I'll drop back in... unless this gets locked, in which case I'll IM you.

Oh, yeah, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Spray paint, "Can you hear me now" on the car. But only with the owners permission ofcourse.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nah! Pigs' blood from the local meat shop
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Oreos on the hood/roof/trunk...don't get no quieter than than...just need a little moisture to finish the job.

There are plans on the internet for a hand held EMP generator, you have to touch it to the car but supposed to fry it all.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Red food coloring on maxi-pads....then tape the maxi-pads to the door handles.

Eeeeww....

That reminds me.

The mob used to put a severed horses head in your bed, as you slept, to serve as a warning.

Has interesting implications.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ooooh, thats even better.

We did the red food coloring bit to a buddy.  He spent a good bit of time trying to pry them off with a stick.  He was pissed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Spray expandable foam in the tail pipe
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Hypothetically, I would get an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) device and I would fry the electronics of the offenders. . . .

But, those devices don't exist at present and I wouldn't violate the law if they did.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#21]
2-part epoxy in the door and trunk locks ...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hypothetically speaking, it would be a bugger if a bunch of cars had water and sugar dumped in their tanks.

Don't you watch mythbusters,  sugar wont actually do anything.  The water will just let em start it, and make it to your house to sit with their music up while they wait for friends.

ETA.  Find the old style oil based paintballs made for marking cattle from the air.  They are still .68 cal just like the ones of today.  Trip to wally world for a cheap marker.  let loose from a neighbors yard on the other side.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Spray expandable foam in the tail pipe

How about filling the cab with expandable foam?

Now THAT would be funny.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#24]
[note on windshield]

Dear Inconsiderate Car Owner,

What is your deductible on your car insurance?

Turn the music down.  

Understand?

[/note on windshield]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Don't forget the winshield wipers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Red or Green Locktite works better.

Don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny story. . . .   Buddy of mine from high school and I roomed together when we were just out of high school  His mother was the dean of female students at our high school and she had boxes of "gift" packs for girls, most of which was usable regardless of sex (shampoo, soap, cocoa mix, etc.).  There were tampons included in the packs.  One evening, after a lot of beer drinking, we took a few hundred tampons, soaked them in the tub to get them to expand.  Then, we put them in a big plastic bag, filled the bag with catsup and tomato paste, and threw the bag in the back of my truck.  We drove over to an enemy's house and spread the soaking, expanded red tampons all over the yard.

Absolutely beautiful and it completely grossed out the kid whose house we struck, along with his family.

Yes, that was long ago and well beyond the statute of limitations. . . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Shoot the hostage.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Every autumn when I go camping, I keep a gallon milk jug inside the tent.  When I wake up at night with the urge to urinate, I piss into the milk jug so I don't have to leave the tent.  For whatever reason, I never emptied it last fall.  So.....I have a full jug sitting in my woods that's been 'fermenting' ever since.  Let me know if you want me to send it to you.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#31]
A cig butt and 2 8 penny nails makes a great improvised "Natural Roadhazard" Caltrop

Putting said item in a snowball and throwing it under a "Scab's" tire was once a common Picket line tactic.

(at least up north, Steyr might have a real long wait for snow... )
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
[note on windshield]

Turn the music down.  

Understand?

[/note on windshield]

Better print it up in 2 or 3 languages just to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Wal-Mart and sporting goods stores sell skunk scent. Hypodermic needles will fit in the gap between the car window and the door. I'm sharing this solely for academic reasons, of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#36]
i would be angry that the local police are not doing their jobs(kind of like most police).

with that said a drive by using a supersoaker filled with paint thinner would be great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Cut valve stems can be replaced very cheaply, the annoyance factor is way the hell up there.

Hypothetically of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#38]
First: Not talk about it on the internet.

Second: Search for a thread similar to this in the archives.

That's what I'd do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hypothetically?

you're a man after my own heart... Toss in the explosives and we're set!

A explosively directed water charge from under the driver seat would be much more creative.  

ETA:  Hypothetically speaking of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
[note on windshield]

Turn the music down.  

Understand?

+1!

[/note on windshield]

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Hypothetically speaking dog shit applied with a 4" spackle knife under the door handles is a nice touch.  Pun intended.  Hypothetically speaking of course.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I have always heard that a potato shoved in the tailpipe could really do some damaged.  Never tried it so I don't know.  Hypothetically speaking I would poor skunk scent in their cowl vent or put sardines in  the cowl vent.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
[note on windshield]

Turn the music down.  

Understand?

[/note on windshield]

One aspect that I forgot to mention - if caught leaving this note, it would be very difficult to prosecute you for anything.

That might be important if having a clean record is important to running your business.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Well hypothetically speaking I would get a valve stem removal tool and some clean envelopes. I would go from car to car removing the valve stems from there tires and place them in an evlope under there windshield wiper. So hypothetically there was no theft nor vandalism.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Fill the roof liner (or speaker vrills) with itching powder.  Then, once the tunes start, it'd shake the stuff all over the occupants.

That, or soak the (presumably) paper speaker cones with some very thin oil or other liquid with a higly viscous nature.  Once it dries, it'd first completely change the sound, become brittle and break as the volume increases.

Direct link between cause and effect, you see.

Or, some creative variation on the cell phone bombs used by the Mossad, though that involves sound sensitive triggers.

This is a movie script discussion web site, right?

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Pouring STP oil treatment on the driveline tires would be a bitch, hypothetically speaking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I have always wanted to try this........

You need:

* Liquid Nitrogen

* Some well insulated gloves

* Chisel

* Hammer

* Foam Cooler w dry ice

* Slim Jim or way to get into car

* A bunch of cans of cheap shaving cream.

Freeze the cans with the LN then put on your gloves and PPE and knock the can from off of the frozen chunk of shaving creme. Place the frozen block in the cooler w/ dry ice to keep them cold. Do this to about 10-12 cans of creme and place them in the guys car. Creme expands ans fills car.

I have read about this being done, the part that concerns me is the cans exploding while being frozen.

We need a Box of Truth done on this one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Brake fluid on the paint.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't do any permanent damage. I like the remove the valve stem and put in the envelope bit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top