Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 7:06:24 PM EDT
That matches a parkerized finish on a Colt AR and will not look like total shit.  My  finish on the case deflector is already chipped all to hell.  It kills me since the gun has less than 600 rounds through it.  The rest of the gun is immaculate.  Is this common, how can I fix it.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump, because I want answers!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure it is chipped? Alot of times that is just buildup of brass from the cases hitting the deflector. Try using some bore cleaner to see if it comes off. Otherwise go to the fun store and get a bottle of Aluminum Black. I worked on a guy's gun and that stuff fixed it right up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I know somebody will make fun of this but I put a small custom cut piece of Velcro on my deflectors to keep them nice and mint looking. It took me 10 minutes but I figure if I ever sell it I can pull it off and clean any glue residue off and it will have better resell value with less wear marks on it.

John
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#4]
and to your original post...
I don't know of anything that won't look like crap other than total refinishing. You could use my Velcro method to hide any damage that is already there as well though...

John
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Magic markers,black shoe polish.if it's a new upper then put a piece of electrical tape over the deflector.mmk
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Are you sure it is chipped? Alot of times that is just buildup of brass from the cases hitting the deflector. Try using some bore cleaner to see if it comes off. Otherwise go to the fun store and get a bottle of Aluminum Black. I worked on a guy's gun and that stuff fixed it right up.
View Quote

Then keep tape on it when you shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top