Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2005 12:12:31 PM EDT
i want to put a flame job on my bbq pit.
but i don't know how.  anyone have any simple instructions of is there a set of directions on the net?

thanks.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you draw flames?

Start a topic titled "Colt moves exclusively to airsoft market"
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
all the car guys use tape
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it in MS Paint

(C) 2005 by me, email for usage rights.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
damn  

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever notice how 90% of the posts on a real question ar a bunch of jokers or usuelss crap?  Well, here we will try to fix that:

Make a template of the flames, or better yet, check around in some auto magazines and catalogs like JC Whintey, etc.  They may have premade templates.

Paint the item whatever bas color you want, let it dry, and then attach the template/mask.  Spray on the color you want for flames, and get 100% coverage at the edge of the template.  blend/feather the paint so it doesn't fully cover the deeper you go into the flame area until it is almost wispy.  

After that, you can always shift the template down a couple fo inches and then do a wispy/hazy spray of a lighter color, i.e. start with orange for the flames, then use yellow for the second layer.  

If you do it right is should look pretty good...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top