Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 9:06:13 PM EDT
Six months ago I called comcast to complain about why all the specials and how come I don't get them. after threatening to go to DSL they gave me a discount. But now time is up and I'm thinking about calling them up again.

Have you does this multiple times?

Did it work?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You can always try....see what they say.

The worst they can say is no.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Just rag on them at length.  Don't lose you temper...just waste their time complaining.  That will usually earn a discount.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i bitched about having crappy service durring peak hours and got 2 months free.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
When I had Charter they didn't give a shit that I had no service for over a week. Fuck them
I trashed their box before I returned it by subjecting it to massive electrical surges with my Jacobs ladder.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have comcast. For the first three months I got an awesome deal on cable net + digital cable tv (like 50% off, $60 a month for everything). After that was up, they overcharged me 2 months in a row for like every optional premium channel in existance, bill was > $150. I complained both times and they fixed it (incorrectly, gave me too much back hehe) both times. Now my bill is back down to $60 a month for some reason. Maybe they are giving me some promotional deal, I dunno, but I didn't ask for it. I'm just worried they are gonna whomp me with a $500 bill next year saying I underpaid!

their billing center is totally fubar for whatever reason, but the cable internet service has been great. low ping times, almost zero down time, etc. The cable tv hasn't been that great, some of the channels get interference/interruptions of some sort (and they always happen right at the climax too, grrr).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#6]
We had Charter cable and were well satisfied, except for the price.

We got a deal from SBC-Yahoo for DSL at $24.94 per month, plus rebates on the equipment.
I can't tell any difference in speed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
With TWC you can switch ISP's from Roadrunner, AOL, Mindspring, and another and get real deals for 3-6 months then flip back.  Doesn't even require a service call visit, just a phone call, they call it a "spin" I think.

If switching from satelie to Time Warner Cable for TV, you get a killer deal on digital cable for a year
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I did switch to DSL, and it is just as fast as my cable was, and is more reliable and a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:08:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I did switch to DSL, and it is just as fast as my cable was, and is more reliable and a lot cheaper.

ditto, I won't say it as fast as my cable was though, but damn close.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a discount with my Road Runner cable by flirting with the young lass at the Time Warner service center desk.  I was just doing my best "charming guy" impersonation and she just asked me if I wanted a discount.  

Yeah, at the least call them up and tell them you've been having awful service and you see DSL is only $20 a month, etc.  They can give you a discount.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top