Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 8:01:34 PM EDT
Does any one have the Winchester 70 WSM 270 ultimate shadow?  If so how doyou like it ?  Satisified??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I find they whole shortmag thing a answer looking for a question IMO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If it can't fit in an AR (2.23/5.56 or .308) I ain't buying it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend has the 300 wsm and really likes it.  It give him 330 win mag preformance with a short action.  The only problem I could foresee is feeding problems due to the very steep shoulder on the casing.  These make great mountain guns, light and fast handling.  It will kick more due to lighter wieght and more power.  Check out Lazzeroni rifles, they have been making short magnums long before the major manufacturers.  Also, I think ssk industries can convert ar-10 over to 300 wsm.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does any one have the Winchester 70 WSM 270 ultimate shadow?  If so how doyou like it ?  Satisified??

Yes, I have that exact rifle. It is very accurate considering it's a budget package and my main large game rifle. I had a $70 trigger job done (not that it really needed it) and now the trigger is perfect.

It really shines if you reload. 90 grain to 180 grain reload data is easily found on the net and means I'm covered up to Elk if I do my part.

My brother bought the 300 WSM in the same rifle. He's also very happy and probably better off on the Elk end of the spectrum.

IT's a light package that I don't mind lugging around that much.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one for awhile,you will not like paying ONE DOLLAR FOR EACH PULL OF THE TRIGGER. I sold it, best thing i ever did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's mine.  It's a 300WSM.  feels like a surgical insturment in your hands

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had one for awhile,you will not like paying ONE DOLLAR FOR EACH PULL OF THE TRIGGER. I sold it, best thing i ever did.

That's because the only factory ammo available is basically premium stuff, which is what I would use for hunting anyway.

If what you want is a range gun then this isn't it unless you reload.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#9]
A dollar is perty cheap for 75 lbs. of meat

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top