Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 5:53:01 PM EDT
We have used this for about the last 6 months, it's a free service/download that diverts your incoming calls while online to their server, then sends you up to a 30 second message as a .wav file, & automatically plays back to you after the caller hangs up. It has small window that stays on your screen that's about 1"x3" w/banner ads. Your only cost WAS having to have call forwarding through your telephoe company, it only cost me $1.00 a month. Now here's the catch - ala Photopint, they now want to start charging everyone $3.95 per month for the service. Now if this had been marketed at that price to start, I probably would have gladly paid. They made their revenue from the banner ads that appeared in your window on screen, and I guess now that sales are down they have decided to screw everyone. I say SCREW THEM, I keep getting e-mails from them to accept their new service at said price and start being billed, but I refuse to accept. They can stick it where the sun does not shine, As far as I'm concerned they suck just like Photopoint.
My wife upped her cellphone minutes to a 2400 minute a month package for $39.95, I'll just tell everyone to call me on it, then I wont have to put up with Telemarketers calling at 7:00 pm when I just sat down to dinner. Sorry, just had to b*tch.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
callwave is crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top