Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 4:55:33 PM EDT
I need to set up Microsoft Outlook Epxress.  My email account is with AOL, and I have no idea where to start.  Is it a PITA or is this something simple I'm missing?

Thanks

John
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless something has been changed you cant get AOL to work with a POP3 email checker.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Unless something has been changed you cant get AOL to work with a POP3 email checker.

And if you can, you'd be worlds ahead by using Thunderbird for email, which is free.

www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Its somes personal choice. I LOVE OE, and will not get away from it. Simple and the built in message rules works as one of the best spam filters I have ever used..

Quoted:

Quoted:

And if you can, you'd be worlds ahead by using Thunderbird for email, which is free.

www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I LOVE OE

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the face? It works great and I get NO spam. Very easy to use and setup.

Quoted:

Quoted:
I LOVE OE

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I need to set up Microsoft Outlook Epxress.  My email account is with AOL, and I have no idea where to start.  Is it a PITA or is this something simple I'm missing?

Thanks

John

just go to aol.com and check it.    aol won't let you check it through pop3 accounts unless its changed in the last 10 years
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]

I was doing it last year. There was some third party software that would allow it. I didn't like it though and deleted it. If you do a search you should come up with it. Try downloads.com first.

It signs into AOL and grabs your email. Nothing special. There is one that does the same with hotmail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]

There is something new. AOL will allow OE IMAP mail now!!!

postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/express.html

It does not say it there, but AOL will delete your email, so save it someplace besides the IMAP folder before it's deleted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top