Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
I am going to upgrade my Scorpion to a surefire this week.  Looking at 2 lights

Surefire L2

Advantage for this one is a 2 stage light with 15 or 100 lumens available.  Also it is an LED and has better battery performance.  Regulated PS keeps top performance for life of battery.

Surefire E2E

Shorter. Lighter. 60 lumens.

I want something at least as bright as my Streamlight Scorpion. One of these is rated at 60 lumens the other at 100.  

Question is the 100 lumen LED rating a true rating? Will it be brighter than the E2E?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
from what I have see with my surefires is that the light really lookes the same it just throws a more usable beam further.    

My 60 lumen light lights up the dugout in the ball field behind the house.
The 120 lumen light  LIGHTS up the dugout in the ball field behing the house
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
For general purpose, get the L2.

Or you can do what I did and get both.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Two fairly different lights.  The L2 is a Luxeon 5 LED with a 1 hour runtime.  All the advantages and disadvanted of an LED.  The E2e is a Xenon light with better throw but less overall output than the L2.  The E2e is about $65 cheaper than the L2.

If I wanted throw I'd go with the E2e - if overall light and LED life - the L2 (cost not withdtanding).

CWO
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Both are brighter than your streamlight.

Incadesant lights have more throw than LED lights though.  The E2e is a great EDC light.  but the L2 would be a better light to take into the wilderness or Iraq (dual output/longer battery light/no bulb to burn out)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both, and I would say the L2 is more usefull.  I have found the lower output setting on the L2 to be enough light for 90% of what I need, and it runs for hours and hours on the low setting.  Also, for lighting someone up in a "tactical" situation (more than likely fairly close range, I guess you never know), the L2 on high is very white and blinding.....but still, as others have said, the E2 will out throw it.  LED's are the future, and they will only get brighter, whiter, and more efficient.  I actually just picked up the HDS EDC Ultimate 60 XR GT.  That is one tiny, bright, very usable light.  It is a bit pricey though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top