Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 3:00:49 PM EDT
Who here has a training plan when they go to the range?

What does your plan consist of?  Does anyone do any non-live fire excercises (dry firing, holds, ect . . .)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting question.

I was employed as the Training Manager for a large refinery for the last 25 years or so of my career.

You will perform as you train.  No doubt about it.

Most of us practice shooting, as we should.  But we should also practice clearence drills.

Here's a link to a couple that I recommend:

www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu1.htm

www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu2.htm

Best done at the range, with weapons pointed down range, etc.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll occasionally do weapons drills with friends.  First we'll strip down our rifles 3 or 4 times, just to get in the groove.  Then we do it with our eyes closed.  Then it's repeated sight picture exercises.  We'll just sit/stand/kneel in various positions raising and lowering the weapon from the low-ready to the fire position, getting a feel for how to bring it up and aligned the sight quickly.  Then we start working with empty mags.  Load, charge, aim, remove mag, and do it again etc etc.  Then we'll load up some mages and fire a few rounds.  Then we'll trade mags and load them for eachother, intermixing a few spent rounds randomly in the mags to practice clearing, and FTF drills.  Then we'll move on to just regular plinking for fun.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I am attending a class with Tactical Response this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
oh man, this is totally a worthwhile thread, and I had to go and kill it.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else have training plans?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top