Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:42:34 PM EDT
I have a 4.7GB dvdr.  I have a bunch of videos that I downloaded from grouchymedia and would like to be able to play it on my tv in the dvd player.  

If I make all these dvd files they will be WAY to big I bet to fit on a dvd.  Can I use my nero program and make an SVCD but them all on a dvd so they will fit?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you expect to put them on a SVCD if they cant fit on a DVD?  SVCDs can only hold as much as a regular CD, which is about 700-800megs.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
when I have made SVCDs before I just drag and drop and they only take the space of they're file sizes if I remember right.  When I make videos into a dvd they might be 100 megs but it ends up taking 1 gig of space.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
when I have made SVCDs before I just drag and drop and they only take the space of they're file sizes if I remember right.  When I make videos into a dvd they might be 100 megs but it ends up taking 1 gig of space.

Must be because of changing codecs?

Use DVDshrink, it will make your DVDs smaller but will degrade image quality.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have dvd shrink but I don't know how to use it very much.  I use winavi and that makes all my videos into dvd videos that dvdshrink can use.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top