Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:21:36 PM EDT
Well, I'm still at work. We print a weekly publication for a town in the next county on Monday, and produce the printing plates Friday afternoon. Editor calls and wants to send the front page around 6pm tonight. Is holding for a story about hurricane relief supplies sent from their county (Cherokee) to Jackson MS.

Seems the driver returned from delivering the second trailer load and said the FIRST trailer they sent last week was still parked, unopened, at the 8 acre warehouse facility in Jackson. Editor got in touch with the site director, who worked for a charity. The guy had just quit in disgust. State of MS had assumed control and the first thing they did was send all the fork truck drivers home until they had a flow chart to go by. Warehouse is packed and nothing is moving. He's trying to get Gov Barber on the phone.

That's all I know at the moment. I'm going to email him and see if he will send the text of his story and I will post. Or catch it at www.postpaper.com They publish on Mondays, so you might still see 9-12 edition.

For the one or two of you out there who still think .gov is capable of saving your chestnuts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top