Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2005 12:43:27 PM EDT
First is what can I download as far as spyware/adware programs that can scan P2P files off Limewire as they are being downloaded.  If not that if I were to download Limewire can it be cleaned/immunized by what I already have?  

1.  Spyware doctor
2.  Ad Aware SE personal
3.  SpyBot Search and Destroy.

What is a good free blocker?  I had Spyware Blaster.
Should I run scans immediately after download or is their some free software that can scan it while downloading?

Is Limewire Pro worth the extra $20?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you think of this?
Internet Cleaning Tool 1.2

or this?  Anyone have it?
Limewire Pro 4.8
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
any antivirus that runs continously should work
I don't think any of the spyware cleaners have that ability
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
a must read

ewido

xblock scroll down and click download

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Limewire Pro is awesome, but as for spyware that auto detects, you'd probably have to pay for a good software that runs in the background constantly monitoring. Ad-aware is a great free one that works when you push the scan button, but no monitoring.

Go with a new Apple! I use one, no spyware, no security probs, no viruses! And pretty much all the same software, MS Office '04, Limewire Pro, etc etc etc
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't download executable files... pretty simple really.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I have AVG Free edition I dont think it is continuos though.  Specific software suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have AVG Free edition I dont think it is continuos though.  Specific software suggestions?

I use mcafee, but it's not free.
well the copy I have now was but it's because I had bought and registered an earlier version, but technically it's not free
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
a must readSaw this thus leadig to questions?

Free no worries or concerns?  Thanks none the less.
ewido

Should I just delete Spyware Search and destroy as once I run the other programs it never finds anything?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ewido

Should I just delete Spyware Search and destroy as once I run the other programs it never finds anything?

the newest version of spybot is 1.4 is that what you are using??   I have been having problems lately with spybot not being able to download updates.  I use adaware se personal more than i do spybot though.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ewido

the newest version of spybot is 1.4 is that what you are using??   I have been having problems lately with spybot not being able to download updates.  I use adaware se personal more than i do spybot though.  

Yup 1.4 after I run Spyware Doctor and Ad Aware it finds nothing.  I just thought it best to have a redundant backup.  So its useless?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top